Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shader Posts: 235, Reputation: 12

Jan 14, 2010, 03:28 PM
    Finish Nailers
    This question might be more appropriate in another section, but I thought I would start here since the experts might use these nailers.

I'm looking at air powered finish nailers, one with a straight frame and one, an angle finish nailer. Besides the obvious difference, is there an ADVANTAGE of one design over the other?
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Jan 15, 2010, 10:42 AM

I personally like the angled nailer best helps me get into tighter places. I own two a 16 gauge straight and a 15 gauge angled. Both are great tools but again if I had to pick the angled nailer would win. GOOD LUCK ,AC
    georgewash Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 04:35 AM

Angled finish nailers are far superior in my experience as a finish carpenter. I own both a 15 ga. Angled nailer and a 16 ga 16 nailer. I rarely use the 16 ga, mostly because the angled gun will hold longer (2.5in) nails. Great for installing doors and larger moudings. The straight gun does give you the option of an intermediate sized nail between a brad gun and the angled nailer though, which is nice... If you are doing a wide variety of carpentry, buy all three!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Framing Nailers [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a couple of questions concerning “Framing Nailers” I own an inexpensive 21 degree framing hailer. I did not do much research before buying. I was more concerned with cost. I have used it to install a flat plywood floor in my attic, worked great. Now I’m using it to install 2 X 4’s...

Crown molding nailers [ 8 Answers ]

What is the best way to make nailer blocks for installing crown molding? I've read about them, but can't seem to find tips on how to cut them, what type of wood to use, etc. I have a few walls in my home with nothing to nail crown molding to, along the walls parallel to the joists, and need...

Now what about electric nailers [ 4 Answers ]

You guys have been very helpful, and I thank you for that, but I have noticed the electric nailers, do you guys have any comments about them? I think for my framer I will definitely go air power, but I am going to be doing a lot, LOT, of trim in my house, will a electric trim nail gun do OK?better...

It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me find the name of the song and lyrics to the song that has the line... "It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top." It came from a show, possibly Barnum? Thanks David

Can't Finish [ 11 Answers ]

For a while my boyfriend has had trouble finishing, he says he just feels no sensation while we are having sex. The oether day when we were having sex he had trouble finishing again but he managed too. We just want to know if there are anyway to enhance the sensation or what can be done.

View more questions Search