Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brian and jo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 08:54 AM
    98 Honda starting problem
    I've got a 98 accord 5 speed that occasionally will require me to turn the key 2 or 3 times before the started attempts to engage. Starts perfectly one it does. I'm thinking starter relay, but how do I verify and where is the relay located?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 09:10 AM
    The starter relay (solenoid) is attached to the starter motor. Both are located on the passenger side of the transaxle, just below and to the rear of the distributor. Solenoids are not difficult to replace. Remember to disconnect the negative. Battery terminal first.

Thought: Consider whether the problem could be with the ignition switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1988 Honda Accord Starting Problem... Not Relay [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Honda Accord LX and recently got a new exhaust system and changed the plugs, wires, distributor cap and air filter. When I was done I went to start it up and it won't run. It starts.. revs insainly high like up to 4000rpms and then dies. If you spray carb cleaner into the main bowl...

93 Honda civic ex starting problem in cold, wet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 93 Honda Civic EX (2 door) that has a strange problem. When the weather is good - dry and warm, it starts and runs without any problem. But it won't start when it is wet or cold. I can not start the car in the morning and have to wait until the afternoon. I have changed the spark plug...

Starting problem with Honda Civic [ 8 Answers ]

Honda Civic Year 94, Manual Transmission 100,000 miles The car has been giving me starting problems the last few days but it runs well once started. It stops starting if I keep the car parked for a day (it starts if I try starting it within an hour or so after I stop). It starts when I...

Problem starting a honda 91 accord [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda accord that when you try to start it there is a tick tick tick noise. I had the starter checked and they said it was fine. I can sometimes start it in nuetral. It will also sometimes start in park. Any ideas on what it might be

Starting Problem with Honda H3013H [ 1 Answers ]

I too, have starting problems with my Honda. Have had to release the Transmission Lever and manually push the mower in order to get it to turn over. There is no spark whatsoever at times and at other ties, it starts immediately.

View more questions Search