Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmejia Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 01:20 PM
    1994 ex coupe 5 speed
    ;) I need help. I have a 1994 ex coupe 5 speed. My back up lights and all my lights in side of my car accept my dome light are not coming on. I check all fuse and light buld. Fuses OK. All light bulbs OK. Also my front blinker lights don t come on. I been get to many traffic ticket and I need the help. Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 02:31 PM
    Double check that you have tested all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter. If you are sure all fuses are OK, then I would check the ignition switch.

Nov 12, 2006, 03:34 PM
    My car turn on. The back up lights won't come on.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 04:17 PM
    Take a multimeter or test light and check for power going to each back-up bulb. For a manual transmission, check the back-up light switch on the transmission housing. On an automatic transmission, check the A/T gear position switch (back-up light switch). Back-up circuit flow is from battery to the under-hood fuse/relay box to the ignition switch to the under-dash fuse/relay box to the back-up light switch to the back-up lights. Pretty straight-forward stuff and shouldn't be too hard to diagnose. Focus on the back-up light switch.

Nov 12, 2006, 05:07 PM
    Got power all the way up to my fuse box inside from there I don't know where to go I check all the light buld and all the lights come on when I brake blinker lights blink. But to turn light on headlights is anfd fog light comes on but my back up lights don't come on. I think it my primary. Turn switch one time nothing no light outside or inside . Turn light swtich to turn headlights that come on .
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 05:13 PM
    Next step is to test for power to the back-up light switch and then test the switch itself.

Nov 12, 2006, 05:45 PM
    Where is that switch located
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 05:59 PM
    On manual transmissions, it should be located right on top of the passenger-side of the transaxle--beneath the distributor and to the right of the starter solenoid. It rises straight-up from the transaxle and has a large rubber black boot going to it, along with a 12" pigtail connector. Easy access.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search