Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dustieblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 03:33 PM
    Dodge 2000 Ram 1500
    I replaced the battery on the 2000 dodge ram 1500 and it won't start lights will not turn on radio doesn't work no electrical activity the battery is new. Its possible that the terminals were hooked up backwards(neg to pos--) is there some sort of fuse or relay,breaker etc that possibly tripped.
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Nov 9, 2006, 04:38 PM
    Check underhood for a fuse/link box, locate the link or fuse labeled batt.check to see if it is blown.
    extremeproaudio Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dustieblue
    I replaced the battery on the 2000 dodge ram 1500 and it won't start lights will not turn on radio doesn't work no electrical activity the battery is new. Its possible that the terminals were hooked up backwards(neg to pos--) is there some sort of fuse or relay,breaker etc that possibly tripped.
    Electronics in today's newer vehicles don't like polarity being changed. Hopefully, you just blew a main fuse (located under the hood on the passenger side). Sometimes there is a fuseable link wire that will need to be replaced between the battery and the alternator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Dashboard Removal [ 32 Answers ]

My 2000 Dodge Ram 1500's dashtop has cracks throughout the dashtop. A 6" x 6" section has already come out. I want to replace the dashtop myself, since the Dealership wants almost $500 in labor charges alone to replace the dashtop. I could use some help here with Dashtop removal instructions. ...

01 Dodge Ram 1500 Heater/AC Problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There, I have a Dodge Ram 1500 2001. I bought it used and it seems to have heater issues. Whenever I have the AC on and I slow down or go down hill the heater will all of a sudden kick on. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/eek.gif :eek: Any thoughts on how I can fix this? ...

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Heater runs with A/C [ 3 Answers ]

The A/C is blowing HOT air in my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup. The A/C compressor is running, the suction line cools and sweats, the charge and pressures look good. Our family business is mechanical contracting, so I had one of our A/C techs put a set of gauges on the system and he said everything...

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Towing [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the towing capacity is for a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with a 360 and an automatic transmision? I bought it a few months ago and it didn't come with an owners manual.

Stereo wiring diagram for 95 dodge ram 1500 [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me with finding a wiring diagram for a stereo in a 1995 dodge ram 1500. Thanks for any help.

View more questions Search