Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terrykipp67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 03:53 AM
    96 chevy truck
    I have a 96 chevy pichup with a vortec 305 and it staled on me yesterday. Well the pump is
    Working and it seems tto have pressure I even changed the fuel filter but it still won't start.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2006, 07:37 AM
    First, take a scanner and see if any codes were thrown. Second, test for spark. Third, remove and test the igniter and coil, which many auto part stores will do for free. Remember, 90% of all "crank but won't start" situations are electrical-related.
    Nannette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 12:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by terrykipp67
    I have a 96 chevy pichup with a vortec 305 and it staled on me yesterday. Well the pump is
    working and it seems tto have pressure I even changed the fuel filter but it still wont start.
    I'm having the same problem. Have you fixed your truck yet and if so could you share what the fix is?

Thanks,
    Nannette
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Nov 12, 2006, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by terrykipp67
    working and it seems tto have pressure I even changed the fuel filter but it still wont start.
    If your sure it's not a fuel delivery problem the next thing to diagnose is the ignition
    System i.e. coil, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, distributor, ign module etc... do you have spark ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 chevy truck, no start [ 2 Answers ]

1994 chevy pick up, 2wheel drive, 1500 series. 5.7L motor. Have spark, but no injector pulse with noid light. No 12 second fuel pump run. I have checked all the firewall fuseable links. It has new computer, new module. I checked all fuse box fuses. I have power at injector but no ground. I...

Chevy S-10 truck 2000 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a chevy S-10 2.2 motor size recently it overheated and I got water in the spark plugs but no water in the oil I tried using the block sealer k&w and bars leaks block sealer and head gasket sealer but my truck just turns over and won't turn on will these products only work if the truck turns...

Need for 79 chevy [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find a diagram of the wiring harness for 1979 3/4 ton 4*4 chevy pickup I need to know which wires run to the starter and which post on the starter do they go to Thank you Josh

Mopar motor in chevy truck [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1982 chevy blazer that I love but its not practical to drive. However I would hate to sell this truck but its pointless to keep a car I don't drive. I also have a 440 sixpack engine that I'm dying to rebuild but don't have a car to put it in... so I got to thinking... what about the...

View more questions Search