Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sac68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 11:01 AM
    2001 cheverolet Silverado won't start
    At first it wouldn't turn over. Now I have changed the stater and the crank sensor, it will turn over but not start. I know there is fuel running throug. What else can it be...
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2009, 11:12 AM

. Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Check for codes.

. Replace the Ignition Control Module, if you have the 4.3L engine.
    sac68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    . Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Check for codes.

. Replace the Ignition Control Module, if you have the 4.3L engine.
    Alread checked fuses, I have a 5.3 liter
    ptcpaul01 Posts: 15, Reputation: -2

Oct 26, 2009, 01:13 PM

You need compreesion fuel and spark, it appears you may not have spark. So I would check there first. Checking for codes is usually done when you have a drivability problem not a no start problem. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check Engine Light on 2001 Cheverolet Malibu [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a 2001 Cheverolet Malibu, six cylinder, 3.1L engine. I have two trouble codes that have been coming up one is P0403 (EGR solenoid control circuit malfunction) and the other is P0405 (EGR sensor circuit low). I have already changed the EGR valve. The light still comes on. I have a...

2001 Honda Civic Won't Start [ 2 Answers ]

My wife's Honda Civic wouldn't start this morning. It started with her keyless entry not working and then when she tried to start the car, there was nothing. When I put the key in the ignition and put it in the "on" position, the dash lights flicker about 10 times and then come on like normal. ...

My 99Chevy Silverado won't start! [ 2 Answers ]

All the lights and the radio will come on, but it will not crank at all. I don't know what is wrong.:confused:

View more questions Search