Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reamziesmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 08:00 AM
    92 Honda Accord shift loack/guages/windows won't work
    I have been under the hood. All dash gauges have quit working along with front power windows, I also have to unlock the gear shift drop in neutral then I can start and drop in drive. I have tested every fuse I can find. I have even tried the big block relay/fuses under hood and some in the driver compartment, I have also switched out the integrated circuit box (?) sliver box above the fuse panel in the driver compartment. I have had no luck, anyone have any suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2006, 04:25 PM
    When you check fuses, it's important to use a multimeter or test light to test fuses. It's faster, more accurate, and eliminates the possibility of replacing the fuse in the wrong slot, which is easy to do on under-dash fuses. Focus on the under-dash ACG (S) fuse and the ignition switch.
    reamziesmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey
    When you check fuses, it's important to use a multimeter or test light to test fuses. It's faster, more accurate, and eliminates the possibility of replacing the fuse in the wrong slot, which is easy to do on under-dash fuses. Focus on the under-dash ACG (S) fuse and the ignition switch.

I have already tested every fuse possible with a fuse tester, this weekend I went through switching out the large relay/fuses, I even switched out the control module and 2 other modules in the driver compartment with no change. I found 1 fuse under the hood that was bad and replaced it, no change. Any other suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2006, 11:03 AM
    Use a DMM to identify where the open is located. Flow is from battery to under-hood fuse/relay box to ignition switch to under-dash fuse/relay box to gauge assembly. Test for power leaving the ACG (S) 15 A fuse. Should be a BLK/YEL wire. Power from this fuse goes to your gauges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 Honda Accord LX/1996 Honda Accord LX [ 12 Answers ]

Would someone be able to tell me if the wheels on an 1986 Honda Accord are interchangeable with those of a 1996 Honda Accord. Thank you

Honda Accord 94 LX [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to change my timing belt, balancer belt, & water pump. The crank bolt is loose (progress!). My crank pulley white mark is lined up with the pointer on the T-belt cover. The T-belt cover is now off. My concern: I can tell that the distributor rotor contact is barely pointing to # 1...

Honda accord [ 4 Answers ]

My honda accord won't start. Can you help me troubleshoot?

92 honda accord [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1992 honda Accord and when I first turn on the headlights , both lights go off then on again. If you have any input on how to fix this drop me a line a [email protected]

97 honda accord ls [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has a honda accord it won't crank it shows it is in park and d4 the d4 light flashes and car won't start. We have no idea what is wrong sometimes if you disable the battery for several hrs and hook it back up it will start any ideas?

View more questions Search