Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dinkster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 05:22 PM
    2007 Ford F250 Powerstroke Starting Problems
    We just had our fuel filters changed on our 2007 Ford F250 Powerstroke. Since then twice it would start, but not stay started. I used the "heet" diesel drier in the tank, and it started up for me two days ago. Then today (on the same tank of gas) it did the same thing a couple times. Then about the fourth try it started, but was idleing very low, and when I pushed the gas pedal it didn't do anything at all.. Can anyone tell me what might be going on?
    I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
    Thank you,
    dinkster =)
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 06:11 PM

See if this link, or one of the other items in the Diesel section of the Sticky, helps:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281
    sevenpointthree Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 02:18 PM

I'ld say the tps, throttle position censor!
    heabu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2011, 02:07 AM
    Having same problem with 2005 6.0 diesel. Fuel filter change and EGR valve change didn't help.In shop now at ford with no luck finding solution. They suggested the EGR cooler or oil cooler as problem. The worse case scenario is head gasket change; $5000.00 not in my budget
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2011, 06:36 AM

Have Ford perform a compression test.
    Rmacord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 07:43 AM
    I am having the same problem. Did ever find out what it was causing the problem ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Powerstroke 6.0 Problems [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 2005 F250 with the 6.0 diesel engine. I just recently started having problems with the truck not starting backup on a warm start. Of all times it started after my 100,000 mile warranty was up. It's funny how that happens. I took it to Ford and they said my fuel injection control module was...

Problems with 2007 6.0 powerstroke [ 4 Answers ]

I've just purchased a 2007 Ford F-250 powerstroke. All the forums I've been to, I can't find anything about 07 6.0 powerstrokes. Can anyone help me out with this. Can I expect problems, or has Ford fixed most of the bugs.

Problems after fuel filter change on Ford F250 6.0 powerstroke [ 8 Answers ]

I just changed the two fuel filters on my 2004 Ford F250 superduty 6.0 Powerstroke. After changing them my trucks turbo stopped holding boost. White and black smoke was coming out of the exhaut pipe when the turbo would blow off. What could be the cause of the problem?

Ford powerstroke 6.0 heater problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 ford F-250 powerstroke 6.0 diesel and the heater will not work and over heats under a load. I have tested for a blown head gasket and replaced the raidator heater core thermastat and water pump and did and egr cooler by pass and no hoses are sucking shut and the heater doors and...

1997 Powerstroke F250 HD [ 1 Answers ]

My diesel engine starts up normal. The problem is after the engine gets warmed up it starts missing at low rpm. Not as noticeable at higher rpm. Serviced at regular intervals. Has been parked for nineteen months, started at least once a month during that time. Any ideas as to what is causing the...

View more questions Search