Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    data6170 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 06:47 AM
    My truck will not start
    How do I remove an alternator from a 2001 Dodge Dakota truck and do I have to reprogram the computer chip in my truck if I do so? My truck won't start, I really don't know if it's the battery or alternator causing the problem.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2009, 07:24 AM

. Remove and fully charge the battery:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1973613

Many auto parts stores will charge batteries and check alternators for free. There's no need to reprogram your PCM, if you change alternators.

. Check all under hood and under dash fuses, with a test light or multimeter, if the problem persists:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

My bet is that the battery is dead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 W/5.9, 360, it won't start, but, if you put starting fluid in carb truck runs. But wait awhile truck won't start , why?

Truck won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 89 Chevy Silverado 3500. It will not start. When you turn the key over it just clicks. I have put a new starter on it and that did not fix the problem. Any ideas on what might be wrong with it?:confused:

Truck won't start need [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 with a v6 engine I ran it low on fuel and now it want start it has fuel in now but it want start it was running fine when I parked it 2 days ago

Truck won't start [ 6 Answers ]

I had just left work and about 5 minutes into driving my 98 yukon just killed. After rolling a block or two to get of the highway I tried to restart it. It was to late and dark to do anything so after around 4 unsuccessful attempts I left the truck there till the next day. When I went back I tried...

My truck won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Chevy Chynne (sp) that will trun over but will not crank. I drive it daily to work and have had no trouble with it. This morning it would not crank, I tried to jump it off but nothing...

View more questions Search