Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marioscar29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Car diagnostic code
    Mario here... 1st time user... I have a 1997 Nissan sentra... the 'diagnostic' test box computer (service engine soon light)... comes back with a 'P1441 Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve' code... what is this? And yes my inspection is coming up real soon in Mass.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 03:55 PM

Simplest suggestion is to contact your local Nissan dealer and ask them. You could also go to your local auto parts store and see what information they have.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 06:03 AM

That valve is part of the vehicles on-board diagnostics.
    If it doesn't work, either due to a faulty connection or valve, the on-board test will fail and you won't pass your inspection. There may be no additional symptoms or any excessive pollution, just a bad circuit.
    Find a shop that is trained and certified in emissions inspection and repair. Ask for their credential and also ask for a written estimate with a warranty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diagnostic code for 00 Pre-runner [ 8 Answers ]

Check engine light on. I called toyota place and they said 70 bucks to check for code, someone told me Autozone does this free, they do! Code is 071 too lean. Guy starts rattlin off 25 different things that could be wrong, tells me to get a propane torch and put it to all my hoses and if my engine...

Furnace diagnostic code [ 1 Answers ]

Concord furnace diagnostics : 3 flashes : Pressure switch is open while inducer is on.

2001 Cadillac with diagnostic code P0741 [ 0 Answers ]

My 2001 Cadillac DHS has Service Engine Soon alert with the code of P0741. Just a week ago I had a transmission service at 75,000 miles. From the drivers viewpoint the car is operating just great. My Cadillac dealer wants $3800 for a new transmission, $4000 to fix the particular problem. I've...

Possible causes of diagnostic code P1456 200 Honda Accord LX [ 1 Answers ]

EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Fuel Tank System)

View more questions Search