Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhorn2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 09:52 PM
    Help Car won't shift
    Hey my car won't shift out of park even when the engine is running what might be the reason for this:mad:
    nascartech Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dhorn2
    Hey my car wont shift out of park even when the engine is running what might be the reason for this:mad:
    Try pressing in the brake pedal and hold it down when you shift into dive many vehicles won't shift out of park unless your foot is on the brake

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working on 98 civic dx cd player something burned now car won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I was working on rewiring my cd player because 3 of my speakers stop working and burned something but replaced the radio fuse under hood and worked again. Also tinkled with my old cd player to see if speakers work and 3 of them did but I put my after market one back in after re wiring and it worked...

Down shift problem on 98 Taurus [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1998 Ford Taurus SEL with the small V6 and automatic transmission. I am having the following problem. When ever you slow the car up to below approx. 30 miles per hour then push the Accelerator to resume normal speed, the transmission drops from drive to first gear Giving quite a...

Shift Key! [ 1 Answers ]

When I want to open a link in a web page and also in an email message I have to push the shift key the same time I click on the link. How can that be fixed so only clicking on it will open it? Thanks, Jim

Have to hold Shift key [ 2 Answers ]

When I want to open a link in a web page, and also in an email message, I have to hold down the Shift key and Enter key at the same time. This just started a little while ago. Is there someway I can reset or change it so all I have to do is hit the Enter key again? Thanks, Jim

Car runs but won't move [ 1 Answers ]

My 1992 Mazda Mx3 GS (V6) will run but will not move in drive. It will move in reverse though. We rebuilt the tranny, and replaced the ecu and speedometer sensor. Any ideas what it may be? It is an automatic.

View more questions Search