Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    owasso321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 09:07 PM
    Track Light replacement problems
    I replaced 6 older track lights in one room with 6 smaller more stylish Hampton Bay lights. I did not replace the tracks. There are two 4 foot tracks on either side of the room. There are 3 wall switches in the room to control them. The track has 4 copper lines running inside (2 on each side). Before I replaced the lights, one wall switch turned on one light on each track and the other wall switches turned on the other two lights on each track. AFTER replacing one light, everything worked the same BUT after replacing the each light there after, only one wall switch controlled all the lights and the other two wall switches don’t do anything anymore. Is my only option to fix this is to replace the track? I now see that the metal tabs on the part of the light fixture that connects with the copper lines in the track are not exactly the same as the original lights.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2006, 04:34 PM
    Sounds like you have two circuit track, and either the new track heads cannot be adjusted to connect to one or the other circuit, or you did not adjust the track connector of the head .

Usually there is some moveable contact on the power connector of the head to chose between the two circuits in the track.

The track head needs to be adjustable and compatible with the track you have

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Halogen Track Light blowing bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

I added a third light (one that had been sitting in my closet for years) to one of my tracks which immediately blew the bulbs in the other two lights. Thinking the light to be defective, or perhaps the limit on the track to be 2 not 3, I removed it and replaced the bulbs in the other two lights....

One Light Stopped Working on a Track of 3 [ 2 Answers ]

We have a track light that has been up for a year with no problems. One bulb burned out (we thought). We got a replacement bulb from the hardware store and changed it, but the bulb still won't work. We checked and the bulb is the correct type. It plugs in fine, fits snug, and everything seems...

Track Light Plug Adapter [ 4 Answers ]

I just purchased a Hampton Bay Track Light Kit that I'd like to attach to a grounded three wire plug. Unfortunately the kit only came with hardware that appears to be made for hard wiring and mounting onto a standard box. Is there an adapter kit or accessory that has a different style floating...

Hampton Bay track light warranty [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought Hampton Bay tracklight kits from Homedepot; I could not find product warranty on the instrution menu, and the staff from Homedepot do not know either. Do you know any of these tracklight warranty?

Track Light accesorries [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way I could attach power outlet to my track light, and use it to plug in another small light fixture??

View more questions Search