Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ledroyjr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2006, 09:56 AM
    1993 Honda Accord LX
    I need to know where the map sensor is located under dash or under hood ?

Thank You

Roy
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2006, 10:59 AM
    Under hood. Follow the small vacuum hose coming off the throttle body. It should go into a 1" x 1.75" transducer box, that has a 3-P electrical connector going into it. Some have it mounted on the top of the throttle body and some on the firewall.
    ledroyjr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Under the hood I see a hard line that runs from the air like supply to a unit at end of throttle body but no wires. Then there are three hose lines that run to a black unit about 6" wide and 4" deep and has like a cylinder under it on the firewall would it be inside this unit, also on the outside of this unit is two electrical connectors with wires.

Thanks

Roy
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2006, 12:25 PM
    This is what it should look like:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=414&ptset=A

They are always clearly visible and easy to get to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 Honda Accord LX/1996 Honda Accord LX [ 12 Answers ]

Would someone be able to tell me if the wheels on an 1986 Honda Accord are interchangeable with those of a 1996 Honda Accord. Thank you

Honda Accord [ 25 Answers ]

I am having problem with my Honda :( startes great from home , but as soon as I live from work approx 8hours later it does not want to start. Cranks and that's it. Nothing else. Mostly everything is new. Battery, wires, plugs, cap,rotor, timing belt,balancer belt, seals, water pump, intake...

ECU input to Igniter (ICM) on 1993 Honda Civic DPFI [ 0 Answers ]

How do you measure the input from the ECU to the ignitor (ICM) (YEL/GRN wire)?? This input tells the ignitor when to ground the -ve side of the primary coil. My multimeter registers a non zero small voltage when cranking, but since the response is very low on my meter, I don't think I'm...

1993 Honda Civic Alarm Shutdown [ 1 Answers ]

My brother bought a 1993 Honda Civic and his car won't start, because the alarm systems shut down. The sunroof doesn't open, and the car won't start. The system functions are stuck. What to do?

View more questions Search