Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    primerstar6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Spark Plug Issues: 1995 Honda Civic
    Hi,

I had car trouble which made me think I need new spark plugs.
    (losing power erratically)
    Went to change them, one of the cylinders had a lot of oil in it when I took one plug out.

Replaced plugs, then on one spark plug the plug wire refused to go all the way down.
    There was a gap of about 1 centimeter where the wire's 'top' goes on the cylinder. I decided maybe the plug wasn't tight enough and overtightened it and broke it.
    The spark plug broke off and left only the threads of the plug in the cylinder.

Now I have the spark plug threads stuck in the head. I think the oil in there indicated I need new valve gaskets.
    However, I am really not sure why the wire wouldn't go all the way down (I tried the wire on another plug and it depressed just as it should have)

I would love any advice on getting the threads out (hopefully without removing the head)
    And suggestions about what is causing the problem with the spark plug wire.
    Thanks!

:confused:
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 12:46 PM

Cal-Van makes a spark plug extractor (CAL 39100) for Ford Triton 5.4L engines. Contact them and see if they make one for Hondas.
    primerstar6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 01:52 PM

It doesn't appear so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Civic spark plug sheath [ 1 Answers ]

I was giving my civica tune up when on the #3 plug I realized that the sheath that surrounds the spark plug was above the plug. Whether the plug was over tightened or the sheath was pulled up isstill a question. What can I do about this other then remove the valve cover is there a way to get the...

What is the spark plug cables position for 1993 a Honda Civic? [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone, Please answer this question: What is the spark plug cables position for 1993 a Honda Civic? Ollig

1995 civic no spark. Short in battery [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1995 honda that has no spark... Several months ago I found out I had a short in my battery.. could have this affected something?

1995 honda civic no spark [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 95 honda civic with no spark. New wires distributor plugs and icm need help

Honda Civic starting-spark plug short out? [ 2 Answers ]

1995 Honda Civic was starting and running fine. I changed spark plugs, but inadvertently left one plug wire unhooked on top of engine. I started the car. It ran for a few seconds then shut down. Now it won't start again. It cranks, but won't start. I've checked fuses, but all are okay. Did I...

View more questions Search