Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odisneyfan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2006, 01:24 PM
    Tenants won't move
    Hi, my question is I sold my home the closing is in a week I am ready to move but my tenants won't they think the new owner will let them stay. I believe the new owner is going to gut the house. I told them in march I was sellling I also gave them a letter aug 11th of this year that they have to be out in 30 days I'm afraid them not moving will effect my move with will be out of state I can't afford to move later being my son is starting school and he is already late to start I'm really at a lost of what to do. Can I just leave and let the new owner worry about them thanks

Janet:mad:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2006, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odisneyfan
    ... can i just leave and let the new owner worry about them thanks
    Maybe. Is one of the terms of the contract that the entire place be vacant at by the time of the closing? If not, then the answer is yes. If so, then you've got a problem. You can't get the tenants out this week. You'll have to speak to the buyers and try to work it out with them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2006, 02:59 PM
    Where are they staying, in the sell of the house was it disclosed that there were tennants in the house. Do they have a written lease or a written rental or is it merely verbal and month to month.

Normally the new owner will be obligated to any long term lease but have to be aware of it.

If you have given them notice to move and they have not, the buyer needs to be aware of this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop mouse won't move cursor on screen [ 5 Answers ]

Using a Toshiba laptop only 1 year old. Turned it back on today and I cannot get the built in mouse to move the cursor on the screen. I can navigate using tab and made it to the Control Panel then Mouse. It did not display anything as far as any mouse driver being installed. How can I get this...

Tenants won't move out [ 4 Answers ]

I am the landlord of a house where renters moved in on August 1st of 2005. I had spoken to them in early July and they voiced their intention to stay until May- a 9 month lease. Their lease ended on July 31st, at which time they left town for the entire month to avoid resigning. When I was finally...

Car runs but won't move [ 1 Answers ]

My 1992 Mazda Mx3 GS (V6) will run but will not move in drive. It will move in reverse though. We rebuilt the tranny, and replaced the ecu and speedometer sensor. Any ideas what it may be? It is an automatic.

View more questions Search