Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    93integralss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2006, 09:46 PM
    96 honda accord won't start.
    I have a 96 honda accord ex which had a blown engine. I swapped over another engine and was able to get it to run twice, but since then, it just cranks over and feels like it wants to start up but then dies again. I'm getting spark, timing isn't an issue. I'm getting fuel to the fuel rail but it seems as though the injectors are not injecting fuel into the cylinders. Someone told me that it may be the fuel injector relay on the passenger side of the car, on the firewall underneath the fuse box. Would this be the culprit to why I'm not getting fuel to the engine? I know the vehicle runs because it did run, twice. Would anyone know what the problem is, and how to fix it?
    Bravo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 08:00 AM
    I'm having the same problem but I've tested a few more things than you (possibly). Have you tested the main relay yet? That sounds like it could be right up the main relays alley. I used an online manual to test mine, do you have a manual? It'll tell you which terminals to check, which ones to ground out, etc.
    skindog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 93integralss
    I have a 96 honda accord ex which had a blown engine. I swapped over another engine and was able to get it to run twice, but since then, it just cranks over and feels like it wants to start up but then dies again. I'm getting spark, timing isn't an issue. I'm getting fuel to the fuel rail but it seems as though the injectors are not injecting fuel into the cylinders. Someone told me that it may be the fuel injector relay on the passenger side of the car, on the firewall underneath the fuse box. Would this be the culprit to why I'm not getting fuel to the engine? I know the vehicle runs because it did run, twice. Would anyone know what the problem is, and how to fix it?
    Try the fuel pump relay
    mechanickid Posts: 248, Reputation: 5

Sep 15, 2008, 09:49 PM
    I'm sure you have checked but, have you checked over the harness carefully to make sure you haven't missed anything?

If you can get a service manual, they should give you testing specs for the injectors voltages, get a multi meter and check them and their signal wires.
    Chris James Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 12:42 PM
    I just had the same problem with my 91 dx hatch it is the computer telling your injectors not to fire I replaced everything one by one until the computer fixed the problem. I got one at a junkyard for 25$ it was worth it
    Chris James Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 12:49 PM
    I myself replaced the main relay, Fuel pump, fuel pump relay, ignition computer module, fuel filter, o2 sensor, map sensor, checked all grounds from thermostat housing and it was the computer. Unplug a injector and see if when you turn your key on with a test light see if you have power to the injectors if so then your computer will tell them not to pulse which is sending fuel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 honda accord won't start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, My accord won't start when I crank it up. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the ignition coil, but when I replaced it, I still have the same problem

92 Honda Accord Lx - Won't start hot [ 2 Answers ]

My 92 Honda Accord Lx starts fine when it is cold, but when it is hot it will not start.

96 Honda Accord ***won't Start**** [ 4 Answers ]

A week ago my car started to act up and not start on the first attempt, I had the starter changed and did a regular oil change on the car since it was due anyway. I continued to have the problem I then had the spark plugs changed and timing/idle adjusted, checked all the fuses still the same...

92 Honda Accord won't start [ 8 Answers ]

I recently bought a 92 honda accord ex and it has been giving me starting troubles. In Dec, the mechanic figured it out a the distributor problem and I got a new one put in. But a month and a half later.. again it won't start. The mechanic again thinks it is the distributor or the computer (after...

My Honda Accord Will Not Start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a accord 19991 dx model 4 door and will not start I have had to make spark happen at starter and hit starter with hammer and then will start but it does sound weak. I am not sure if it is the starter itself. I have heard about starter relay. I might have to take to honda for fixing but not...

View more questions Search