Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lil val Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2006, 08:42 PM
    06 rav4 windshield fogging up
    Just recently bought an 06 rav4, all is good except I noticed that whenever I turned on the AC the left and right edge of inside windshield fogs up. Not right away but maybe for 2-3 days w/ ac working. Took it back to the dealership,:confused: service mgr said it was due to the dash not all the way cured yet and it may take up to 6 months.. bullcrap! I asked to setup an appointment w/ a toyota rep. I never heard of such thing. I asked them if it was a known problem, they've said they've seen it in other toyota cars. I asked them if it was a known problem w/ rav4s they said no so I asked to have the dash replaced. They said that's not advisable, that's when I asked to see a rep. each dealership has a schedule for a car manufacturer rep to come out to check out customer complaints. I went to another toyota dealership today and just asked a service analyst and he said he never heard of a dashboard needing to cure, but he has seen the problem occur w/ older cars where the heater core leaked. The service mgr at my dealership says it was just film building up on the glass and it won't come off unless wiped because it's w/ chemicals emitting from the dash. Anybody out there got any ideas? Thanks in advance..
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Aug 12, 2006, 12:37 AM
    It is true with the older vehicles if the heater core leaks in can cause that problem. I have a '80 Buick Regal {not due to heater core}and an '00 Nissan Altima that both do this,I have to believe it is normal and not to worry about it unless it is fogs up so bad that you can't see out the windshield then there definitely is a problem.It is a film that needs to be wiped off now and then. As far as the dash not being cured I agree with you that's a bunch of cr*p.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windshield cleaning [ 5 Answers ]

I used Windex to clean the inside of my front windshield... a few days later I looked and my windshield had so many smudges that I might as well not have even cleaned it. Do anyone have any tips to prevent that from happening when cleaning windows in your car?. any commercial products or mixes......

Aztek windshield wipers hit each other [ 2 Answers ]

We actually own a Pontiac Aztek and, surprise, there is another new problem, the cross-over wipers now lightly hit each other. They don't lock up, just scrape and hit, but continue to run. The problem seems to be caused by wear on an articulated dual knuckle system in the linkage attached to the...

View more questions Search