Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 31, 2006, 06:45 PM
    Mag just needs some green skittles then put him on the short bus.

Mag, when are we supposed to go to Vegas? I have made all the arrangements? Time for a vacation right Mag dear?

Scuse my spelling right now, sleep deprivation does that sort of thing to a person.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 31, 2006, 08:50 PM
    I am sorry for getting a little upset. I didn't see that what was said was very nice. I hope I didn't rock the boat?

BTW... I love skittles!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2006, 12:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by K_3
    I envy your little rock also...It sounds wonderful. i think the difference in the US is that the east coast is so heavily populated and larger cities. In the deep south it is very different than here also. The cultures are not as different as in Europe, but there are certainly differences. I think you find friendly people all over the world, and you will find some not so friendly. I have travelled all over the states, but not out of the country. That is my next step I have friends in other countries, so I am ready
    I hear that Americans and probably even Canadians don't travel much out of their own country. Is this true? Because its so so big that its almost a world of its own.

If you would like me to guide you through some great European Cities and Islands please let me know ill be happy to!
    Ive travelled only within Europe so I know some great cities, and my next trip I would love it to be America, Canada, Australia etc.. :D
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Sep 1, 2006, 05:04 AM
    I don't know what the statistics are, but there are many that travel outside the states. Most of my friends have traveled outside the country. I would love to have you guide me. Please let me know when you are state bound. I have met some wonderful people from other countries and am always so impressed how open they are. Emailing has been a great tool, I do not think we would have kept in as good of contact had it been left up to letter writing or phone calls.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2006, 05:06 AM
    What do u mean state bound?
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Sep 1, 2006, 05:25 AM
    I have not been here for a while. How are Myrths babies doing? J9, you are ready for a vacation and you are in the first week of school? It's that bad, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by aqua@home
    I am sorry for getting a little upset. I didn't see that what was said was very nice. I hope I didn't rock the boat?!

BTW...I love skittles!
    I don't think it was bad enough for skittles
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Sep 1, 2006, 05:34 AM
    Hi Cassie. Glad to hear you are back. On vacation?

Sep 1, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    What do u mean state bound?
    I am sorry, coming to America. I have a friend from Germany and she said Americans use so much "slang" it is difficult to understand our meaning sometimes. She is so right.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2006, 06:05 AM
    K_3, and why would u envy my little rock?

Yes actually your friend is right. But I suppose there a certain words and slang that maybe europeans use that you guys wouldn't understand!

My brother is fascinated with New York and intends to move there one day. NYPD :D bless him.

Sep 1, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Fed up, the summer has kept me busy. My hubby works out of town often and this summer I went with him some. It seems with those trips, my work, garden, flowers and playtime, I had no time. I pop in from time to time.

I have a friend that moved here from Italy and she has had me laughing so hard at some of her conversations. I believe she is prone to embellishing the stories:), it is funny when you really think of words we use and the translation of them.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Well with the Italians - please no offence to this if there are italians in the house, but italians find it very hard to pronounce english words and direct translation never works within any language. I love languages :D

Sep 1, 2006, 06:40 AM
    You are so right. My friend lived in Australia for some time before moving here. You have to hear this woman. HA!! Hands going every which way. It is quite a show. A conversation with her is like playing Charades:)
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2006, 06:42 AM
    Heyy heyy, but that's quite a mediterrean thing to do.. I actually use my hands a lot when I speak.. must be in our blood!

In fact us Europeans always laugh by saying.. imagine tieing an italian persons hands and try having a conversation with them LOL

Sep 1, 2006, 07:03 AM
    By the way Cassie, love hearing from you. It has always intriged me as how different cultures really can have some uniuque habits. I have heard that about Italians. My mother could not talk without using her hands.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2006, 07:04 AM
    You see its TRUE HEHEHE LOL.
    Your mum is Italian K_3?
    Can you speak italian, I love their language.. I know it very well :D

Sep 1, 2006, 09:47 AM
    No offence taken KRS. We just make it more interesting. It's fun to watch people wonder if they should be watching our hands or our mouth. You have to be really good to do both.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Well, I can't speak from direct experience but, I have heard a lot of nasty things about those Western Canadians. I heard they have 2 major religious cults and that they sacrifice young children and drink their blood... among other horrific things! I would stay out of Western Canada if I were you.

Sep 1, 2006, 10:34 AM
    I don't know where you heard that. I find them to be snobs. I guess anything is possible but I think that you might have been misinformed. Don't let stories like that stop you from visiting. It has some of the most beautiful country I have yet to see. If you like mountains and quaint towns the west and the east of Canada is definitely the spots to go. Northern Ontario is also very beautiful. We have a lot of our American relatives that have bought vacation properties in northern Ontario. You would have a difficult time trying to get them to sell. They love our north. I am a firm believer that a community is what you make it. I try to find positive in all people and countries.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Sep 1, 2006, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Well, I can't speak from direct experiance but, I have heard a lot of nasty things about those Western Canadians. I heard they have 2 major religious cults and that they sacrafice young children and drink their blood...among other horrific things! I would stay out of Western Canada if I were you.

Magrob... it's not just blood... it's a blood mixture and you've forgotten the most important ingredient... CRICKETS!!

I'll take a few more skittles please...
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2006, 11:03 AM
    That was a joke. I find Canadians to be peacefull, passive people. With that in mind... hence the joke. OK? Peace? Don't cause us to declare war on Canada now. We still have plenty of soldiers and you know us Americans are just itchin for a fight! In the name of Loren Green, don't push us now! Although... ya know... I would'nt mind taking that Doug and Bob prisoner and putting them in Guatanamo for a decade or so. Hummm, now that is a thought! You better start stocking up on Moose Drool buddy!

Aqua, you have given me the greatest idea for a new cricket recipe! I'll be back!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search