Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juicedls2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Anyone know the location of the voltage regulator on a 91 dodge ram?
    I am looking to replace the voltage regulator on my 1991 dodge ram 350 with the 360, but I can't locate the part. I purchased the new part hoping I would be able to find it once I knew what it looked like but no luck there. Does anyone have a diagram showing me where it is located? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 09:48 AM

It should likely look like this:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/Pro...pe=204&PTSet=A

Look along the firewall or fender.

Dec 9, 2008, 09:57 AM

Yeah I have the new one. So I know what it looks like I just can't find it along the fender nor the firewall
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2008, 10:26 AM

Is it not built in the Alt?

Dec 9, 2008, 11:55 AM

No, we just replaced the alternator and took it to have tested and they said that it was the voltage regulator, and now I have been told that it goes inside the computer , could this be possible?
    mo4d2u Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Dec 9, 2008, 12:24 PM

Voltage regulator is internal to the PCM
    In other words, the PCM governs the Voltage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to find the location of the voltage regulator on a 89 ford f150 [ 1 Answers ]

Need to find info on the location of the voltage regulator on a 1989 ford f150 truck Preferably a diagram but any info at all will help, I have the new part cannot locate it under the hood. Bought a new battery yesterday morning, drove 45 minutes to work... all fine, drove home the same amount...

Voltage regulator [ 1 Answers ]

What is the full form of LM in LM317..? LM317 is a voltage regulator.. help out.. hav a viva tomorrow.. It is a three terminal adjustabke voltage regulator... its output range is 1.2V to 57V

High voltage 1988 Dodge 3/4 ton Pick up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1988 dodge 3/4T Pickup Voltage was above 18.1 at Idle, Auto Zone said that the internal Voltage regulator was bad in the Alternator. I replaced the Alternator, did not correct the problem. Where is the voltage regulator. What does it look like? I assume it is some kind of Electronic...

View more questions Search