Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pipebender Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 10:34 PM
    1997 hyundai sonata won't start
    I have a 1997 sonata it has 73,000 miles, suddenly today after I went to the store and returned to the car it would not start it cranks over has lots of gas seems like something is not catching
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 10:40 PM

. Test all underdash and underhood fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Test for codes.

. Replace the Ignition Control Module:

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

. Replace the coil:

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

. Test for fuel. Do you hear the fuel pump run, when the ignition switch is turned to ON?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 94 hyundai won't start is there a. [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Is there some kind of fuse or really that controls the fuel pump in a 94 hyundai accent?

2004 Hyundai Sonata Won't Start after Alarm goes off [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Sonata where the key fob is worn so I used the key to enter the car. The alarm went off and I put the key in the ignition. Eventually I had to use my other key fob to shut off the alarm. Now the car won't start. I tried everything including disconnecting the battery for a while...

2004 hyundai sonata will not start [ 1 Answers ]

My wife drove into a carwash and when the water started to spray, the car died. We pushed it out of the car wash and towed it home. It has been at least 8 hours and it still will not start! Any ideas. Thanks!

2001 Hyundai Sonata that won't start [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, What a great site! My question is this. My wife drives a 2001 Hyundai Sonata with about 86,000 miles. I've never had this problem with the car before and of course it is sitting in our garage. She went out to start it this morning. It turns over easily, but will not start or...

1997 Hyundai will not start (intermittent) [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a replacement engine installed (broke timing belt and trashed valves bad). The car ran good for a day, no smoke when started or driven but now it has an intermittent problem starting. The engine turns over fine but won't start. I had the guys who replaced the engine pick it up and it...

View more questions Search