Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rvlec Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Dec 8, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Heater fan speed on 1993 honda accord ex
    The heater on my 1993 honda accord only works on 'High' or '5'. Could this be the heater relay? If so, where is this located? Also the blower motor/fan squeaks when the heat is on high.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:37 PM

I had the same thing happen on an old car. The blower was friction mounted and it would fall especially when the temperatures dropped. I would then go under the passenger compartment and push it up. No squeak.

There was a kit to fix it, but I had to eventually make my own.

The sqeaking took out the blower resitor and eventually the brushes in the blower motor. They are not available separately, so with the help of a vacuum cleaner store, I manufactured new brushes.
    mo4d2u Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Dec 9, 2008, 12:21 PM

Sounds like the Blower Motor Resistor, which is located on top of the Air Box. When the Blower Motor Resistor goes bad, it only works on High.

Name:  honbmr.jpg
Views: 5737
Size:  18.8 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 honda accord won't start [ 28 Answers ]

1993 honda accord ex died last week while driving. Towed it home. Later that evening it started fine. Went out the next morning and started it, it ran for a few minutes then died again. Hasn't started since. I noticed oil in the spark plug recesses and my wires were bad. I replaced the valve...

1993 Honda Accord LX [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 honda accord lx and the car doesn't want to start right away, it will turn over and over and over then turn on and run really rough, then shut off and the check engine light comes on along with the box around the drive 4 flashes anybody know what might be the problem.; It has a new...

1993 Honda Accord Intermittent Code 15 [ 1 Answers ]

My son has a 1993 Honda accord with an intermittent code 15. When the check engine light comes on the car will not start or run. If you let the car sit for awhile, the check engine light goes out and the car will start and run again. Could someone please tell me how to diagnose the problem...

1993 Honda Accord LX [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know where the map sensor is located under dash or under hood ? Thank You Roy

View more questions Search