Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freejosh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2004, 05:33 PM
    68 camaro shorted out?
    Okay then. I am stressed. I have a 68 Camaro with a 350 and Summit HEI. Like a rookie idiot I ran it without the external voltage regulator hooked up and fried something somewhere. I seem to have a short somewhere because when I put the key in the ignition (new yesterday), sometimes I get the buzzer, but when I turn the key on, all power dies completely. Would this be a burned out ignition module? I think if it was the starter would at least kick. I have replaced the fusible link on the starer because I was told that may be it. Could I have fried the starter more than that link?? Does the power come from the starter side or the alternator side? I will send a 6 pack to whoever leads me to the answer.

Cheers- Josh
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2004, 07:25 PM
    Re: 68 camaro shorted out?
    I think I have had bad batteries do that. They show a nice high voltage, but when you try to draw power, they die. What happens if you turn the lights on or blow the horn? If nothing, it is the battery. If they work, it may be the starter or even the solenoid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I shorted contact wires for digital thermostat while installing. [ 3 Answers ]

Actually, I know I shorted it! I was installing a ritetemp therostat. C-Blue G-Green Y-Yellow W-White R-Red It seemed pretty straight forward.

View more questions Search