Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renault Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Chrome cobalt partial upper denture
    Can you have a chrome cobalt denture made and fitted after extraction of teeth just don't want nhs 1 and just wondering how long waiting time would be without teeth
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 5, 2008, 06:49 PM

No you shouldn't... we can do an immediate denture (called a transitional) made from all acrylic to replace front teeth for esthetic issues, but generally after extractions you wait 6 weeks minimum to make a metal partial denture

Dec 6, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Chrome cobalt denture
    Tks AMIR for answer, but need to know if you can get transitional denture with no palate and would this be u shape and would you recommend this or waiting without teeth for 6 weeks then have chrome cobalt but its palate that is offputting recommendations please
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 6, 2008, 04:34 PM

Id have to se which teeth you are missing... but generally U shape for the top is bad, it can flex and put a lot of unwanted stress on your teeth... you can wait if you'd like... the most permanent solution is a metal/acrylic partial denture with some palatal coverage

Dec 6, 2008, 05:01 PM

All at front, need about 9 teeth but not wanting palate

Dec 6, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Chrome cobalt partial denture
    Thanks again AMIR. Need approx 9 teeth, but rather not have palate but don t know if could survive without anything. Have been advised u shape or horseshoe would be OK as transitional but which acrylic teeth look good and real
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 08:12 PM

renault,
    Can you please just continue your postings on the same thread regarding the denture?
    Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 7, 2008, 12:36 AM
    >Three threads merged<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

06 chevy cobalt stuck key [ 2 Answers ]

Key won't come out the ignition

Denture treatment [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently paid £194 to have a new set of dentures made - I have been back many times over the last 3 months and they still do not fit - can I get a refund from my dentist!!

Problems with battery saver on chevy cobalt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm renting a chevrolet cobalt. Last night, I accidentially left the keys in the ignition. After getting my car opened and retrieving my keys, I was unable to turn the car over. Assuming that I had let the battery run down, I got a friend to come over and jump the car. This did nothing. In...

Partial upper denture does not touch palate. Is dentist a quack? [ 4 Answers ]

I have had 4 teeth in front removed, and 1 at the side. My dentist is now trying for the second time to have a denture made. I have many allergies to dental materials, and thus the new denture does not have metal clasps, but does have some type of plastic clasps around my back teeth. The denture...

View more questions Search