Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margar Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Nov 29, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Which canister vacuum is the best?
    My eureka vacuum cleaner went bad. Actually I have two. One is close to 20 years old and the other that quit is about 10 years old. I need to purchase a new one. I am looking at the electrolux, which I understand eureka purchase that company. What is your opinion on vacuums. I really want a canister. I can get under my furniture without moving it every time. Thanks
    mechanix Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by margar View Post
    my eureka vacuum cleaner went bad. actually i have two. one is close to 20 years old and the other that quit is about 10 years old. i need to purchase a new one. i am looking at the electrolux, which i understand eureka purchase that company. what is your opinion on vacuums. i really want a cannister. i can get under my furniture without moving it every time. thanks
    Elevtrolux is a good vacume althou not impervious to eventual failier OK also
    The oreck sweepers will go under furniture are very very light and durable they cost more but at least try one first OK but avoid the oreck hand held ".aside from that it's a matter or compromise verses
    Economical factors if you prefer used / new need motor go eBay

electrolux vacuum motor, Home Garden items on eBay.com
    rudeaf2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 10:53 AM

I have an Eletrolux canister vac that does wood floors and carpet wonderfully. It uses bags and I would highly reommebd it.

Mar 5, 2009, 10:20 AM
    :):D:p first of all let me say I am not a sales person for this vacuum cleaner. I am a semi retired nurse who was in pursuit of a quality product. I did, however, do much research before I purchased a vacuum cleaner. I found few that had enough confidence in their product to put more than a one year warranty on them. What did I finally purchase? It is a simplicity mid size. It has a metal roller brush with changeable brushes should they wear down, a life time belt, cloth bags instead of paper, hepa filter and it came with a turbo brush for upholstery, 2 floor brushes besides the beater head for carperts. Also, came with dust brushes and drapery brushes. Now what is not to love. It has a 5 year warranty on the motor and a 3 year warranty of breakage of anything else.. needless to say I am having fun cleaning. margar
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 10:31 AM

My dad has had an electrolux since before I was born. I'm 25 and it still runs great. I wouldn't mind getting one myself, but I have a simplicity jack Simplicity Vacuums: Compact canister - The Jack Model that is works great. I really like it!

Mar 5, 2009, 11:36 AM

Yes, my mother had an electrolux when I was a child at home. They were suppose to be top of the vacuums at that time. I am not saying they aren't a good machine, but for the same cost I believe I got the better buy. See u margar

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Vacuum hose, in my car? [ 7 Answers ]

I was driving home from work yesterday, and the "Check Engine Soon" light came on. I made it home, and called my mechanic this morning. He old me that I needed to get a computer diagnostic on the car, and to go to a place that specializes in that. $50 later, it turns out that I need to replace my...

Sweeper broom/stick vac or canister vac? [ 3 Answers ]

Which do you think would be best for hardwoood floors, sweeper broom, stick vac, or canister vac? Or just a plain old broom... I hate how the dust swirls in the air from a broom. Thanks

Vacuum breaker [ 2 Answers ]

I know there is a way to plumb a dishwasher in without having a vacuum breaker on your sink but I have forgotten how. Can someone help me?

Vacuum breaker [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to install my dishwasher without a vacuum breaker on my sink faucet. I have a garbage disposal. I understand that I can install the dishwasher through the garbage disposal without a vacuum breaker but I do not know how. Can you help ?

Best vacuum cleaner? [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about buying a new vacuum cleaner and would like a recommendation on one that you have found to be good at really suctioning up the dirt. Price is not a factor.

View more questions Search