Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dodgeram04222 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 01:35 PM
    2002 dodge won't start
    To add some more info about the sercurity light flasing on my 02 dodge ram , the truck doesn't have a sercurity system in it that I know of it's just the light that's flashing on my dash bottom right little circle light just keeps flashing only when I try to start the truck . When I tried to install the remote car starter I think I might have cut into a wrong wire it's a green wire about 14 awg next to a pink wire with a black stripe when I cut it a into it a little bit a spark and little amount of smoke came off and that's when the truck had the problem with not starting. I'm sorry if the way I wrote this didn't make sense feel free to ask me questions about it and I hope to give you some more insite so you can help . Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2008, 04:43 PM

. Check all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

. Ensure battery is fully charged. Remove battery cables and filler caps, before charging. Clean battery terminals and cable connections.

. Reset the ECM. Use a scan tool or try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 20 seconds.

. If the problem persists, contact Dodge--the immobilizer system may need to be reset.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 11:29 AM

Did you also install a bypass module for the remote start? An '02 Ram would have an encoded key; you need to place your spare inside of the bypass module and install it mid-way through the wiring; if you don't, then the security system isn't reading the chip inside of the key and won't let you start the truck because it thinks it's being stolen.

Oct 30, 2008, 03:32 PM

I tried what you sugguested and nothing worked. Not sure what to do now I tried scaning the computer and a scan tool and it passed the test so not sure?? Anymore help would be great thanks.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 05:52 AM

You tried what tx suggested or you tried what I suggested?

Oct 31, 2008, 02:03 PM

I tried both and still nothing .
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 02:08 PM

You're going to need a wiring diagram to determine which wire you accidentally cut into.

Nov 1, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Now how do I go about to get a wire diagram for my truck ? Is that something I can get through napa? Or a dealership . I have a book for the make and model for my truck on how to tear down and rebuild but it doesn't really say anything about wireing.
    Well thanks for the help and I'll check back and see if you got anymore tips for me thanx:)
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 11:11 AM

You're going to have to get it from the dealership, which is going to be like pulling teeth from a lion. Most aftermarket places don't have the detailed diagrams that the dealership has access to.

Otherwise, I know chrysler does have a website you can purchase one-time access to and maybe get some info that way. I'll check for it at work tomorrow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 f350 7.3l won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 f350 7.3l and it won't start got new batterys and also does have fuel on line and fuel pump is working too what could it be the problem it use to smoke white somke when I turn it on on the morning but not any more

79 dodge d 150 won't start or get power to the battery [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 79 dodge power wagon. Sometimes the truck would start normally and other times there would not even be power to turn on the head lights. I would mess with the battery connections and make sure things are plugged in and usually it would start up. This last time it would do nothing at all....

My 2002 grand am won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I just went to the store came out 10 min later and my car wouldn't start can someone help me

View more questions Search