Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamer5tamer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Car heat gauge not working
    Hi. I have a problem in my ford bantam heat gauge which can sammurized as follow.
    1-heat gauge not working at all.
    2-i took the cable out from the heat sensor & conneted it directly to the +ve cable of the battery, then it begin to move> which mean to me that the ciol is working??
    3-i took the heat sensor out from the engine then cleaned it with sand paper then used hot water cup to test by the digital multimeter , it showed that it is working ( the resistance drop from about 150k.ohm to about 40 k.ohm after being put in hot water)
    4-i put it back inside the engine but the problem still the same, no movemont at all in the heat guage> what to do??
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 06:09 PM

The gauge sender (temp sensor) should only have one wire connected to it. Is that the one you tested?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat and Air not working on Attic unit, but blower working. [ 1 Answers ]

The blower is working fine on our Heating and Air Conditioning unit but neither the Air or Heat will work. The emergency Heat works fine though. The unit is a Carrier with the words American Standard written on the outside fan unit. What should I look for before calling a tech or what would this be...

12 gauge Wire Used w/ 14 gauge Outlet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a fairly new home I purchased. I am changing my outlets as I am painting the rooms (Laundry Room) and noticed that the previous home owner put in a laundry board (built in) and wired to the nearest outlet on the wall. They used 12 gauge wire to the outlet (from the built in iron...

A/C working, switched to heat, now ac and heat don't work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Replaced my thermostat in the summer, everything worked good,switched the new thermostat to heat for the first time, now neither the A/C or heat work? Any Ideas? Andy

Failed gass gauge and temperature gauge on 1988 Nissan Pathfinder [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4. The gas gauge and the temperature gauge would stop working at the same time when the car warmed up. They both would come back on periodically and then off again. Currently they have not come back on in about 3 months. How do I fix this problem?

View more questions Search