Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pv46 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 09:33 PM
    91 honda civic starting problems
    txgreasemonky,

Thanks for the advice. I brought my icm and coil into autozone and had them tested. The icm is fine and the coil had the correct resistance. Car barely starts, but runs better once the check engine light comes on, but still poorly. The check engine light turns off after I turn off the car and turn the key to position 2. So I can't check to see the code displayed by a blinking check engine light. Is this a sensor problem? Could it be bad fuel? What else should I try without buying parts at random?

When the car broke down, I found that the screw for the rotor had fallen out and the rotor was turning freely on the shaft. I re-attached the rotor on the shaft with the screw. It can only go back on in 2 directions and I have tried both directions that are 180 degrees from one another. One way the car won't even start.

PV46
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:03 AM

I no longer place much faith in bench testing ICMs and coils. I've seen too many that tested okay but don't work properly. Don't know what else to suggest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Honda Civic Ex Starting Problems [ 1 Answers ]

So here is the story, while driving home my car just stopped running. Everything electrical works (lights, radio, horn, etc.) I tried dumping the clutch thinking I just stalled it. Nothing happened. So I started checking usual things, fuses, spark plugs, wires, what have you and figured out I...

Honda Civic 1995 Starting Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I am only able to start my car once the check engine light turns-off. When it turns-off there seems to be a click & something being primed?? Once the check engine light is off the car starts without any problems. If I try to start the car with the check engine light on the motor will not turn...

'91 honda civic starting problems [ 18 Answers ]

Hi: I am having problems with my '91 Honda civic DX when I drive for a while, then I stop the engine for 5-10 minutes to do some shopping or whatever... and then try to start again. It doesn't start at all. But if I wait another 5 or 10 minutes and I try again, usually starts. I don't have any...

91 Honda Civic DX Starting Problems [ 2 Answers ]

My honda civic dx has a hard time starting sometimes. This only happens occasionally but it'll turn over, but just won't ever start. It happened first about a month ago and is happening once a day now. I replaced the spark plugs and I don't know what else to do.

View more questions Search