Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zski Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 05:18 PM
    2001 GMC Sierra -- headlights won't work
    We have a 2001 GMC Sierra pick-up. The headlights will not work. It's been hooked up to a diagnostic computer by a mechanic and they can't find anything wrong with it. The computer says the lights are on and they're not. Fuses have been checked and changed, light bulbs have been replaced, the wiring appeared OK. Has anyone had this problem?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Are you 100% positive that you replaced the bulbs with the right ones? People very easily confuse the 9003, 9004, 9005, 9006 and 9007 bulbs. There is also quite a bit of wiring leading to both headlights; you may have a break somewhere which is going to take a lot of time and effort to locate. Did a mechanic at a dealership do the computer diagnostic or was it an independent shop?
    zski Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 05:23 PM
    I guess I'm not 100% sure the correct light bulb was used. Will have to double check it. It was checked by an independent mechanic -- one at work. He fixes trucks/heavy equipment, etc. He's helped with other issues in the past.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 02:09 PM
    How did the mechanic determine that the computer says the lights are on? I've never heard of such a diagnostic tool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My car won't start,all lights work inside and headlights and radio plays. [ 3 Answers ]

Car Won't Start, All Lights Works Inside And Headlights And Radio Works.what Might Be The Problem?

77 gmc sierra ignition [ 3 Answers ]

After pulling steering column off, there is a lock ring with split that is stopping me from removing metal plate that I have to remove to get to the ignition. Is there a certain tool that I have to have to remove that. Tried a screw driver but it won't work.

96 GMC Sierra no crank [ 3 Answers ]

Today the truck was starting slow, sounding like it was turning over under water, but then starting and running fine. This evening I went to start it and nothing. No turn over no cranking, nothing. Replaced the battery and still nothing. Checked all fuses and fuel pump, nothing. Checked the...

View more questions Search