Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TXEscape Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Ford escape back spark plugs
    How do I remove the back 3 spark plugs on a 2005 Ford escape, V-6, 3.0L engine?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 04:14 AM
    Here's the trick I use on my 2000 Taurus, with the 3.0L Duratec V-6 engine:

. Remove the wiper cowl on the passenger side of the car, as if you were going to replace the cabin filter.

. Remove the three screws (5.5 mm or 7/32 in.), securing the lower inside portion of the cowl, with a nut driver. This should open up all kinds of room.

Hopefully, your configuration will be similar.

Be sure to use the same Motorcraft spark plugs that came in the car. Using a 15 inch breaker bar, slowly and carefully remove the old spark plugs. Apply a very light coating of anti-seize to the new spark plugs and tighten 8 lb.-ft. (96 lb.-in.). If you apply too much, the plugs will "coke" in the holes. Replace platinum plugs in Fords at least every 50,000 miles--this helps prevent seizure and improves mileage and performance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spark plugs [ 1 Answers ]

Changing spark plugs on a 2000 chevy caviler

How to get at spark plugs. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Dodge Caravan, 3.0 engine. How do you get at the back 2 spark plugs... wow?

Spark plugs removal on a 2005 ford taurus V6 3.0L [ 1 Answers ]

On this car, there are three plugs located in the front, and three located on the back of the motor (location), which is covered by the intake manifold. Is there an easy way to get to these spark plugs without removing the intake? Or do you recommend going to the dealer for this type of tune-up? Is...

Spark Plugs [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1986 Oles with a V8 engine and 125,000 plus miles and the spark plugs have never been replace. My question is should I be concerned about them breaking off leaving the threads in the head? If so what can I do to prevent it?

View more questions Search