Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itrubiuey Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Car won't start after changed INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET
    Hi. I car has not start for awhile because I haven't have a chance to look at it but last week I work it for the weekend. The reason it didn't start because it doesn't have any spark and the ECM has 3 fried transistor so I put another ECM from the 1995 CIVIC LX. By the way, the car that has problem is the 1993 CIVIC DX. The car start fine but it doesn't idle. Look like it kept on adding gas and decreasing, what I mean it's the rpm go up & down from 800 to 2000.

I think the problem is because I didnd't install the intake manifold gasket so I went out and bought the intake manifold gasket and not the car doesn't start anymore.

When I look at some of the coolant, one hose is clogged and can't get through and looks like it got some sort of sand in there. Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that the first time I start the car there isn't any coolant in there but I added some in there and I think that clogged pipe doesn't let the coolant enter the engine and at one point the temperate went almost to the "H" so I shut it down and turn on the car to ON not start it's still at "H". I done for the day and trying to start it again and this time it wouldn't start.

Maybe I have a blown piston or head gasket because the car got so hot ?

Please advice.
    rcremsing Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Cracked or warped head. Warped or cracked intake. Intake seal not seated. When a car fluctuates at idle to the extreme you say yours is it sounds like oxy sensor is telling ecm to adjust oxy intake or restrict it. It sounds like a top end tear down and ecm check to me.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 10:33 AM
    ... and check that clog in the radiator too.
    itrubiuey Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 01:31 PM
    I cut the hose that connect from the head to connection below it (not sure what you call it), the one that has another connector hose from the bottom of the radiator connect to it and also have the connection from the head connect to it. What do you call that thing? Anyway, it clogged right there and it rusted so when I removed the hose it just break of the connection therefore I can't connect the hose back on after I unclogged it. I have to order another one but I don't know what it called. I have checked for another head and I fouund one on Craigslist that is for sell but it's a VTEC head with solenoid. I don't think that is an issue right ? I heard that the VTEC head can also be bolt on the non vtec block, it called "mini swap" but if I don't want the VTEC feature so I don't have to rewiring or have to change to VTEC ECU or anything, right ?

How can the head be cracked ? If it cracked then it wouldn't start in the first place. You mean it cracked after I started the engine ? What do you mean intake seal not seated ? You mean the bolts are not tight and it let airs out from there ?
    I'm to learn about cars so questions always a good way to start and then lay my hands on it... I mean working on the engine.

After I removed the hoses I used the water hose let water run into the system and flushed all the coolant out. At first I see the water is sort of brown at the connection where it got clogged but after a minute the water is clear. Now, no more coolant in it. I need to know what's going on what need to be replace before I put the coolant back in and crank the car again.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 01:40 PM
    You need to buy a new hose and you may have to replace the radiator and the thermostat and other things pertaining to the radiator.
    As rcremsing said you most likely need to tear down and rebuild the whole top end
    Hopefully you did not do any motor damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix the air intake manifold causing rattle noise while accelating [ 5 Answers ]

Car Experts, My car has a rattle noise while accelating, mechanic said it is not a big safety problem ,but the repair for this air intake manifold will cost around $600. I want to repair it by myself. What I can do to fix it, it is kind of annoying. Thank you very much!

2001 altima intake manifold gasket [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Nissan Altima. From what I have read, my rough idle is probably due to a leaking intake manifold gasket. I'm not a car mechanic. I'm I foolish to try to do this myself? I'm also having a problem with driver side power window not going all the way up. Is this the motor or the...

95 Civic won't start after head gasket [ 4 Answers ]

I just put a new head gasket on a 1995 Honda Civic with a B17b7 1.5L Non V Tech. I replaced the spark plugs, as well as the plug wires. I gapped the plugs to 1.1 mm like it said to do under the hood. My customer told me that the timing belt is brand new, and it looks brand new so I did not replace...

Head gasket changed on peugeot 206, car won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I had my head gasket and timing belt changed on my peugeot 206, the car drove away from the garage fine. I stopped off to do some shopping, went back to the car and it wouldn't start. Was making a whirring sound when I turned the key. Any advice would be appreciated?

99ford f150 air intake manifold removal [ 1 Answers ]

Please talk slow and use small words. I tried to remove the air intake manifold from my 99 f150. I removed the 9 bolts from the top and anything on the sides that I could find. The unit would not budge, like it was welded on. What did I miss? I need to get it off in order to deal with injection...

View more questions Search