Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnnyimpossibl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 04:43 PM
    1992 Honda Civic VX 1.5L ECM test
    I tested my ecu using the "k" test and measured 9 volts... a previous post I read said if 5 volts, ecm is good. If much lower, replace ecm. What about if it is higher like 9v? I have a 1992 Civic VX 1.5L hatchback. 5 speed manual. I intermittently have no fuel, no spark. Replaced distributor, MAP sesnsor, Main relay, plugs and wires. My logic tells me ECM, but don't want to spend money on it unless I get 2nd opinion and advice on 9V reading from "K" test... All fuses are good... I have had this issue with this vehicle for the entire 5 years that I have owned it (would start if I let it sit for 5 or ten minutes), but only an issue in summer and only happened maybe 3 to 5 times per year. It just recently has become a major, major issue.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 04:52 PM
    9 volts is outside of specs. I would replace the ECM, since something is clearly wrong.
    ecmguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 11:19 AM

The civic engine computer or ecm can be tested as can most ecm
    <a href="http://www.ecmoutlet.com">Engine computer</a>
    parts. The procedure is a little challenging but possible.
    ecmguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Also the complete engine computer test procedure chart is at Engine Computer Test and Replacement Options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic automatic 1.5,16V 1992 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello can anyone help. I got Honda Civic 1992 1.5, 16V automatic today when I was driving in town the temperature start going up nearly till top so I stop the car and try to check if fan is working it works when engine is not started but when start engine the fan stops. What could be the problem?

1992 honda civic dx [ 1 Answers ]

O have a questio people I have a hoda civic dx and the some B**** won't start or turnover for that matteri know its not that BATTERY I know its not the IGNITION would someone help me out its been sitting for three months the head lights won't work and when you try to start it none of the light...

How do I test the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I test the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord? On other models there is a way to short the pump at the relay and you can tell if the fuel pump is working or not. Is there a way to do this on the 1992 honda accord lx?

Honda Civic 1992 hb si [ 1 Answers ]

Car was running fine but now all of sudden wouldn't start... got starter replaced now makes the noise wants to start but just won't kick over anybody got any ideas?? My e-mail I [email protected] thanks:confused: :confused: :confused: :( :( :(

1992 Honda Civic Dx,how Do You Test Igniter? [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You Test Ithe Igniter?

View more questions Search