Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awsmith77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Honda Accord won't start sometimes, SRS light comes on sometimes
    This question below was posted last summer and answered by txgreasemonkey, who suggested replacing the main relay as a first try. I have the same problem as ahartend with my 1993 Accord, but my dealer tells me the SRS light cannot be related to the car not starting. Can anyone shed some light? Txgreasemonkey?

Aug 1, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Ahartend

Car won't start on warm weather, SRS light comes on also

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 1993 Honda accord with 138.000 miles, I am recently experiencing some issues with it lately. The car would not start yesterday afternoon 102 deg. AZ weather (muggy) but started this morning @ 85 deg. I was at California over the weekend 95-102 deg. With no problems. Also the SRS has been coming on (when hot) and stays off when cold. Besides that my horn does the same thing, one day it will work, but most days not.
    Is this a Main relay issue also or is it a wiring issue somewhere in my steering column?
    My dome light also stopped working, but the door lights still comes on when you open the door.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2008, 11:21 AM
    The car not starting is likely a separate issue from the SRS light staying on. I would not recommend that you tackle the SRS problem--it can be dangerous and is best left for trained Honda technicians to troubleshoot.

Because of the age and mileage on the Accord, I would replace the main relay, Ignition Control Module, and coil. I would be surprised if this did not solve the problem and restore reliability. Be sure to apply a thin, even coat of silicone grease to the back of the ICM.
    awsmith77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 11:35 AM
    [QUOTE=txgreasemonkey]The car not starting is likely a separate issue from the SRS light staying on. I would not recommend that you tackle the SRS problem--it can be dangerous and is best left for trained Honda technicians to troubleshoot.

All right, though it seems very odd that someone else had exactly the same problem with exactly the same car. I do not know anything about cars, so I had no intention of trying to fix anything myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check Engine Light and Oil Light Comes On On My Honda Accord 1995 [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Honda Accord and both my check engine light and oil light are coming on. The car started over heating so I checked the radiator coolant and that was fine. I also checked the oil and that was full. A few days later the oil light started coming on and now the check engine light is on. ...

99 Honda accord no parking lights or dashboard background light + SRS Light on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I believe a problematic bulb caused a short in my car's Electrical system. The reason I say this, is that the following Problems have come up since I used the trailer... 1. SRS light is now on 2. The light that illuminates the spedometer, RPM's, and gas (background light) doesn't...

93 honda accord ABS light [ 1 Answers ]

HI All, I have a 93 honda accord EX. When you start the car, the abs light is NOT on. It comes on after I back it out of the garage(25-50 feet) and stays on while driving. Why?? Is this real bad? I am not sure what or where to start looking. Any help would be appreciated!

98 Honda Accord Weak Start Faint Oil Light [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I have a 98 honda accord ex v-6 with 87100 miles on it.. quite often when I turn the key the car starts very weakly.. the car always starts but it's a hesitation sometimes.. I've had hondas before and I'm used to that strong distinct sound when it starts.. it almost sounds like its not getting...

View more questions Search