Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkmoore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Labor cost to replace air compressor
    The air compressor on my air conditioner has gone out and needs to be replaced. It is a Goodman Manufacturing Model #CLJ30-1A.

The part is still covered under warranty but the labor is not. What is a reasonable price to pay for labors costs to replace the compressor?

Thank you!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 02:00 PM
    Up to 400.00 since the part is free. This is for a strait replacement if dryers are needed it will be more. Remember prices are different in various parts of the country.
    AirZonehvacr Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkmoore
    The air compressor on my air conditioner has gone out and needs to be replaced. It is a Goodman Manufacturing Model #CLJ30-1A.

The part is still covered under warranty but the labor is not. What is a reasonable price to pay for labors costs to replace the compressor?

Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of a 3.5 ton compressor [ 4 Answers ]

My air conditionaing unit booklet includes three different reference numbers. They are as follows: 38CKB(N), 38CMB, 38BRB Split-System Air Conditioner. Do the numbers represent the furnace, top floor unit, and bottom floor unit? If so, what number would I use to locate the unit that needs the...

How to get the Direct Labor Cost [ 1 Answers ]

In one of my online homework assignments we were giving a set amount of information and we had to figure out 5 different figures. I was absent the week we did this chapter and I am not able to figure out how to get the direct labor cost. I was able to get the other 4 answers as well. In my book, I...

Heat Pump: replace compressor or get new complete system? [ 6 Answers ]

On my 10 year old Carrier heat pump, the outside unit is rattling. First tech said it was the fan motor ($700 parts and labor). Second tech brought the fan out but the rattle remained. Put old fan back and said it was actually the compressor ($2200 parts and labor). First question: If I replace...

How much labor is it to replace timing belt? [ 3 Answers ]

To replace Honda Civic 00 ex timing belt with new drive belts, seals and water pump?

Labor cost [ 2 Answers ]

Nubian Company employs material handling employees who move materials between production divisions at a labor cost of $160,000 a year. It is estimated that these employees move 75,000 pounds of material per year. If 6,000 pounds are moved in March, how much of the labor cost should be assigned to...

View more questions Search