Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newcivicdude Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 06:20 AM
    1993 Honda Civic issue
    New to the honda world, and need help. Just purchased a 93 EX Coupe (automatic). Got a great deal on it and knew I would have to put in some work. So I Immediately changed all belts, timing belt, water pump, head gasket & oil pan gasket.. for leaks, plugs, flushed tranny and changed oil (still leaks 1-3 drops of oil, so I'm taking it back to shop). When I got it back my check engine light was on, the mechanic at Midas reset it, and said if it came back on get the codes... O/K

Question 1, how do I get and cypher the codes?

Question 2, car is real slow to get out of 1st gear ("D1" almost like a slip) or just pull off period any suggestions to look into? If I drop it into 1 (lower gear then back up) I'm good.

Question 3, anyone know of a good place to order new door locks (or at least drivers door) and sun visors?

Thanks in advance.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Your first mistake may have been flushing the Transmission.

If it has not been properly maintained, the old gummy, dirty fluid is what was keeping it running. After you cleaned out all that stuff, and put clean fluid in, it has reduced the friction created by the dirt and gunk and sounds like is is now slipping.

As for the codes, any shop should be able to get and read them for you.

As for the spare parts, hit your local U-Pull-it or salvage yard, there are plenty of 93 Honda's out there to pick through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 honda civic [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Honda civic that won't start. I was pulling into my driveway and the car died (and wouldn't start back up), it has an Automatic and the shifter locked in drive. I had to use the shift lock button to put into nuetral to push the car. Now the car cranks but won't start. I have a CEL...

1993 honda civic has a ground,can't find where [ 1 Answers ]

I bought this car for my daughters a year ago, its been a really reliable car, last week they went to use it and the battery was dead, I tested the alt and it was putting out 14.5 volts, so I replaced the battery, 2 days later it was dead again. I put a light between the battery negative post and...

1993 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 93 Honda Civic LX Automatic. The car does not accelerate past 60mph, it feels like it's losing power. I replaced the fuel filter, air filter, and spark plugs. Any advice will be appreciated.

1993 honda civic headlight switch [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a headlight switch in a 1993 honda civic? :confused:

1993 Honda Civic Alarm Shutdown [ 1 Answers ]

My brother bought a 1993 Honda Civic and his car won't start, because the alarm systems shut down. The sunroof doesn't open, and the car won't start. The system functions are stuck. What to do?

View more questions Search