Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latinlover2006 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 05:08 PM
    Civic 95, Water leaking
    Hey guys,
    My honda Civic has started to leak water again, and losing water from the radiator, about a yr ago I've chged the water pump with a genuine honda part, have flushed the cooling system about 4 months ago, the leakage seems to come off the radiator, is very minimal at this stage but it annoyoing as I need to chg water at least once a week,
    What can it be?? N how to repair it? Thank guys...
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Feb 26, 2006, 05:13 PM
    The radiator may be broken, or hoses may have cuts in them.

Try placing a piece of cardboard underneath the radiator (watch out not to place it somewhere it can ignite), and go for a ride. If it's dripping anywhere, you'll see it on the cardboard after you stop.

I've had a crack in my '90 Civic radiator up at the top, on the passengers side. I could see white smoke coming out from under my hood during the winter. That and there was green residue on the radiator (due to antifreeze being green). That being said, you could also try cleaning your radiator, so it's nicely black and clean. Then pour colored antifreeze in it, and drive it for a few days. After that, check the radiator to see if there's any antifreeze color on it.

Feb 26, 2006, 06:50 PM
    Thanks guys I'l give this a try!!

Feb 27, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Sure...

I'd love to hear what caused this problem (once you figure it out) and how you solved it. Just for my own knowledge.

Mar 4, 2006, 07:41 PM
    Hey, thanks for replied and the help!!
    I fixed the problem on the civic, I discovered that the upper hose connection from the radiotor like a tube, it was cracked and therefore was leaking water, had to replace Radiotor, as the tube was part of the radiotor, it could have been fixed but, I prefer to put in a new radiotor just to be save, car is running and hopefully no problems,
    Thanks...

Mar 5, 2006, 03:11 AM
    All right, thanks for posting back your solution.

Enjoy your ride!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace leaking water [ 3 Answers ]

Discovered water pooling out on to floor and dripping from within furnace--seemingly coming from furnace vent... there is quite a bit of rust that has formed which leads me to think its been going on for a while within the furnace but was not noticed till now after heavy rains, and the pooling...

AC Leaking Water [ 3 Answers ]

My home air conditioning unit is leaking water - The overflow drip pan is fine, but it just has a steady stream of water coming from the PVC pipe outside. The drip pan is not clogged it is just pouring water. It was freezing a few weeks ago and we had someone come out and recharge the unit. He...

Hot water leaking [ 1 Answers ]

The hotwater on my kitchen sink leaks even when the hot water knob is turned off tightly. It doesn't drip it leaks a good bit. So every time I need hot water from this sink I have to turn the waterline on and off. If this is an easy fix what do I need to do to stop this problem.

Water leaking [ 2 Answers ]

I have a furnace assisted electric hotwater heater. My problem is that there is water all around my furnace, below the over flow pipe on the furnace. What could be causing this?

View more questions Search