Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catherinea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 06:41 PM
    No spark on Honda
    I have a 93 Honda Civic I have power going into the distrubitor and none coming out. Please help me figure out what I need to do
    Thanks
    MikeSebastopol Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Read all the threads about Honda Civics not starting, particularly about distributer trouble shooting.

I assume your engine cranks. By nothing coming out I assume you me no spark.

So, if your distributer is turning (you can check this by removing the cap and watching while someone cranks), it can be spark plugs, wires, cap, rotar, coil, ICM, distributer sensers, or ECU. Usually it's the coil or ICM.

Testing the coil by methods described in manuals and in above threads only tells you if it's really bad. It won't tell you if you have a "high voltage" short. I forgot about this and spent a few days last week with this problem. Bought a new coil and engine fired right up.

Good luck!
    civic racer 94 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Feb 15, 2006, 11:27 AM
    You can take the coil and the ICM autozone they will check them for free
    MikeSebastopol Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by civic racer 94
    you can take the coil and the ICM autozone they will check them for free
    Hey that's great! Didn't know that. I even asked some repair shops around my town if I could take my distributer in could they test it. They said no. Didn't mention Autozone.

However, I just talked with the local Autozone store (as I am typing this), and they said they only test coils. Can't test ICMs. They are supposed to get some equipment for ICMs.

Also they only do a resistance test on the coil, no high voltage testing. So there's no guarantee that the coil is good if it passes. At least at this store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda Accord No Spark [ 4 Answers ]

PROBLEM: No spark out of Coil. :( The two large wires going into the Coil have 12 voits when the ignition is turned on. Replaced Coil and spark plug wires. Coil is warm to touch after a few attempts at starting. Still don't have any voltage coming out of the coil.

Honda civic - no spark [ 1 Answers ]

My 1992 civic is cranking but not starting, and upon inspection it isn't getting any spark. Any ideas where to look?

92 Honda Accord No Spark [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Yes I have 92 honda accord ex 5 speed and its not getting any sparks from the ingition coil. I have changed the coil and distrubutor and still no spark. I have removed the main relay and also the ecu computer to have them checked to see if that's the problem. So if any one can be of any...

90 honda civic no spark [ 4 Answers ]

My 90 civic has no spark believe it is the ignition ignitor but my ECU tells me it is the fuel injection system(code 16). I tested the main relay, ignition coil(both good), and replaced the rotor and cap. Still no spark, so reading other posts I believe it to be the ignitor. But the ECU thing is...

View more questions Search