Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purlepeopleter Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Head gasket replacement 92 civic
    I'm going to replace my head gasket on my 92 honda civic and I have the haynes manual and I was wondering if anyone might have any pointers or maybe a sort of summary minus the technical stuff that would be covered in the manual sometimes the manual says it in weird ways or may leave something out that it assumes you know or just something stupid like silicone grease which prevents the icm from frying.

p.s. I have read the overview already I just want to make sure I don't miss something important that has been left out of the haynes manual
    Luvless_69Chevy Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 12:46 PM
    I replaced the head gasket on a 95 civic with OUT a manual. It is fairly straight forward. My only problem was setting the timing belt to the right position. It took me a few tries. Once I got that, it was gravy. I have pulled heads on Chevys and Toyotas previously though. I am sure with a manual it won't be too hard. Check out this site as well. This is what I used to help me. Lots of pics.

How To: Change a Head Gasket. -LOTS of pics- - HondaSwap Forums

Hope that helps!!
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

Mar 25, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Leave the intake on the car.Unbolt the intake to block 12mm's. Pull head with exhaust manifold connected to head. Remove the three downpipe nuts and 14mm bolt from bracket to engine neardownpipe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

95 Civic won't start after head gasket [ 4 Answers ]

I just put a new head gasket on a 1995 Honda Civic with a B17b7 1.5L Non V Tech. I replaced the spark plugs, as well as the plug wires. I gapped the plugs to 1.1 mm like it said to do under the hood. My customer told me that the timing belt is brand new, and it looks brand new so I did not replace...

How to change 94 civic dx head gasket [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a step by step process for changing the head gasket on a 94 honda civic dx. I want to do it on my own!

Head Gasket sympton and questions.91 Civic 1.5 [ 7 Answers ]

I'm blowing oil and water out of the exhaust. Would the head gasket be the most likely cause? Would there be any other issue that could cause this symptom? What other gaskets would be most recommended to change while the head is out of the car? Is it necessary to drain the engine oil to...

?Head Gasket or not? Honda civic DX [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX. It has run well until last week when it just wouldn't start for me. I have checked a few things: I have spark on all four plugs, the fuel pump seems to be working as it should, the starter is turning the motor over... although it doesn't sound right. I checked...

View more questions Search