Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inspired Posts: 178, Reputation: 22

Mar 13, 2008, 06:53 AM
    H vs. V rated tires
    Currently I have V rated tires on my Honda Accord (which is a V6). If I go down to an H rated tire, would that be bad for my car? Should I stick with the V rated tire?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 10:37 AM
    V-rated tires have a higher speed rating than the H-rated; you don't need to stick with the V although it is a slightly better quality tire than the H.
    Inspired Posts: 178, Reputation: 22

Mar 13, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Thank you this8384 :)
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Any time :)
    FredDerf Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2011, 03:26 PM
    Modern cars are often designed to use a particular tire type. Suspension, braking, and steering performance may be adversely affected by changing to a differently rated tire. "Today, automobile manufacturers program into the onboard car's computer system critical tire data, such as height and rolling resistance. Tires are designed as a very intricate part of the vehicle. Much like the fender for a 2003 Buick Park Ave is the only fender that will fit and work correctly; tires are treated with the same care and design. What the manufacturer equipped the car with, in both size and performance rating is what should always be put back on. Failure to do so can result in erratic handling of the vehicle, a check engine light on or worse yet and accident."

Source:
    http://expertpages.com/news/performance_tires.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck tires [ 1 Answers ]

What is the recommended tire pressure for michelin truck tires size 265-75-r16?

Pick-up tires [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Ron, I have a question about truck tires. I own a 1988 GMC full size 4 wheel drive pick-up. I want to put bigger tires than original on it. I want to keep the 16 inch wheels that are on it now. Question to put 285/75r16's on it. Does anybody see a problem with that? Will they rub on...

New tires [ 1 Answers ]

Hi every body. I have a statesman ridding lawn mower.its about 12 years old. The tires will not keep air. The tires are dry rotted on rims. I don't know how to get tires and rims off frame.it looks to me the wheel needs a wheel puller. I thought taking entire mower to tire place to see if they can...

Tires [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Durango with 31x10.5 tires. Would TOYO tires be better than Michelins?

Potatoes in tires [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone ever grow potatoes in tires stacked 4 or 5 high. I read somewhere some time ago that you can start potatoes in the first tire, and as they grow, pile soil up over the tops and they will just keep going until you have a sky high tube of tires totally teaming with tubers. :rolleyes: I...

View more questions Search