Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelbear72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Strange sound on furnace start up
    Over the last two years I have begun hearing buzzing sounds when the furnace kicked on. Initially it was once a month, then more and more frequent until it was every time. In the last two weeks it has started becoming more of a squeeking sound, almost like air in a line type sound. Is this dangerous or harmful to the HVAC system -- could something be wrong that is doing more damage -- or is this just annoying -- the sound doesn't really bother me and I don't want to have someone come out for just a silly sound... thoughts?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 04:15 PM
    You didn`t say if it was gas,electric, or the kind of furnace,, I would pull the cover and see if I could determine maybe where the noise is coming from,, could be wear and tare,, could be more or less,, but you don`t want whatever it is to give out on a cold Saturday night, when you can`t get anyone to come out,, a preventive maintenance check-up,, could save some bigger bucks later

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knocking sound from furnace exhaust [ 2 Answers ]

I hear knocking sounds on the roof when the furnace is running every morning, why?

Tractor start strange issues [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tractor that if I try to start it, nothing happens.. 12 volts on one Side of soleniod but nothing on the other.. if I jump it with my truck I get 6 volts and it cranks real slow.. where is all the power going ? If I try To jump the started right with the truck battery I get nothing.. If...

Sound in Tub when Furnace is on [ 4 Answers ]

When the furnace turns on there is a loud gurgling sound that comes from the tub drain. The tub is on the other side of the wall where the furnace is. There is no sound in the closet where the furnace is just in the tub. What is this? Should I be concerned?

Water Heater and Furnace strange problem [ 32 Answers ]

Hello, I've had a perfectly operating Gas Water Heater and Gas Furnace system until about 4 weeks ago. For whatever reason, my Gas Furnace stopped and it sort of starts up on its own. It stops whenever we're not in the house and overnight so we wake up freezing with house temperatures around...

View more questions Search