Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kolee30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Honda Spark Plug Blew Out of Engine
    For the past couple weeks every time I would be stopped at a stop sign/light, my car would rev itself a little and jerk. It wasn't hard but enough to definitely notice. Yesterday while driving, I heard a terrible sputtering sound and pulled over to discover that one of my spark plugs had blown out of the engine and dented my hood. I had it rethreaded (was stripped) and put in a new spark plug. Now the car turns on but is still having the problem when it idles at stop lights and now the check engine light came on. Also, I noticed that as soon as I got up past about 40 mph, the car jerked while driving and the higher mph the worse it got. Please help! Everyone keeps telling me different things from very serious to minor. I've never had any mechanical problems with my car and I am very worried.

2000 Honda Civic EX
    83,000 miles
    Regularly serviced

Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2008, 09:10 AM
    First, check for codes, which AutoZone can do for free. Be sure to record the codes they give you. Second, have the other three spark plugs replaced. The first plug likely came loose and blew out, due to not being torqued properly. The same thing could happen to the other plugs. Do the job right and replace all of the plugs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda lawnmower spark plug [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend bought a honda 3011 mower that won't fire. I think the plug may be fouled. Does anyone know the model from the factory? I want to try and see if that works.

Black soot on the spark plug,is it the plug. [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower plug has black soot on it, what could be the cause of the plug fouling out? It is a 6.0 B&S motor, also is there a certain gap for the plug and if so what is it? This problem just recently came up after 3 years of use and I don't understand what happen.:confused:

Honda Civic starting-spark plug short out? [ 2 Answers ]

1995 Honda Civic was starting and running fine. I changed spark plugs, but inadvertently left one plug wire unhooked on top of engine. I started the car. It ran for a few seconds then shut down. Now it won't start again. It cranks, but won't start. I've checked fuses, but all are okay. Did I...

94 Honda Accord - oil in spark plug holes [ 2 Answers ]

I have 94 accord with 185K. I am changing the plugs and have oil in #2 and 3 spark plug holes. Should there have been orings or gaskets changed during a recent Timing belt change I had done at the dealer? Timing belt change was doen within the last 10000 miles

Autolite Spark Plug destroys Honda V6 3.0 [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed Autolite spark plugs into a 2003 Honda accord. After installing, car began to randomly misfire. After driving car 35 miles, car blew 3 back side piston rings and catalyst converters. My $10 plugs are costing me $8700. Would the Autolite plugs be too hot or simply a...

View more questions Search