Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myricksix Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2006, 04:04 PM
    96 Silverado fuel injector??
    I have a 96 silverado with a v8 305 vortec engine. I had problems with the fuel pressure and had the fuel pump replaced. The mechanic hooked up the computer and said that everything was working fine. About 10 days later my truck started acting funny again. When I am driving the whole truck seems to "jumble???" it kind of feels like your running over a lot of little bumps. I took it back to the mechanic who said just to tune it up and it should be fine but now (2 days later) it seems worse. When accellerating the truck like revs and cuts out. Do you think this sounds like it needs only a tune up or does it sound like something else??

Anything you could tell me would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2006, 09:02 PM
    Still sounds like a fuel related issue, was the fuel pressure good? After
    myricksix Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2006, 01:53 PM
    Additional info
    Also forgot to mention that the truck is burning through gas quickly and the service engine soon light goes on and off. When light is on it runs bad but when the light is off it seems to run better but still not normally.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2006, 09:45 PM
    Not and expert on newer fuel injection, wouldn't hurt to have it tested though... service engine soon light comes on, then goes off, and then acts right... you can have it checked for any codes when it does pop up...
    fordexpert Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 09:47 PM

I am a ford expert, but drive a 96 silverado for "obvious reasons" any how, the injector lines under the intake manifold usually referred as the "spider" only located on the vortech motor, are most defenetly bad. Its fairly common w/ fuel problems w/ the chevY. CHECK IT OUT AND LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPED YOU. THANKS
    ERIC THOMPSON Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2011, 07:59 AM
    So did that fix the problem i am having the same problem
    ERIC THOMPSON Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2011, 08:01 AM
    Comment on fordexpert's post
    I am having the same problem on my 96 silverado did that fix the problem on that sputter n not accerating

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel smell, Fuel tank leak [ 7 Answers ]

We had a fuel tank leak, how do I get the smell out of our boat? What do you know about a aluminum tank leaking? We have a 1988 Bayliner 34' the tank is located under the back bed, she holds 200 gal, we don't know where the leak is on the tank. We have been told it will be costly to repair, I have...

89 civic no injector pulse [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 89 civic 1.5L, (2 injector) we are not getting an injector pulse. We can pour gas in the trottle body and the car will start and run, but no pulse. Any help out there?

Honda DX Injector resistance [ 1 Answers ]

I checked the resistance of my 90 Honda DX injectors and came up with 1.1 and 8 ohms. Can anyone tell me what it should be? Seems odd that they are different. Thanks

Injector Pump usage for Washer? [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to finish my basement and I want to put a full bath down there as well as relocate my washer and dryer from the first floor to the basement. My house has a hung sewer. I have been told that I will need an injector pump. Will the shower and/or washing machine be too much load on an...

View more questions Search