Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tspoon84 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 11:03 AM
    1990 honda accord stutters, tach goes crazy, battery light blinks
    I have a 1990 accord EX automatic with 155,000 miles. While driving on the freeway, very intermittently all of the following happen. The tachometer bounces between 2,000 and 3,500 RPM (while cruising, it should be about 2900). Although the engine is obviously not fluctuating like this, at the same time it stutters a little bit while cruising. Also, a couple of times I have noticed the battery light go on for a second or two, and then turn off. The battery light doesn't go on while this is happening, but during the same trip. I just replaced the distributor a couple months ago, although the fact that I got a new distributor off eBay for $100 scares me a little bit.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Check Battery connections, The Battery ground to block and bond between body and block or battery. Check wiring from distributor for bare spot or pinching.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 11:49 AM
    The BLU wire from the Ignition Control Module (ICM) goes directly to the tachometer. I suspect the ICM is failing--AutoZone can test it, and coils, for free on their Well's machine. Aftermarket distributors have been problematic to site members.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 accord oil light blinks [ 9 Answers ]

92 Accord LX with 166,000 mi. Well maintained (oil and filter changed every 4000 or less) The oil light began flashing tonight and went off at first when RPM reached over 1000. As the ride progressed (2 miles) the light remained on. The oil level is fine. What is making the light flash?

1990 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the daytime running light modual located?

1990 honda accord lx [ 1 Answers ]

Hey someone out their in need of help, my 1990 h0nda accord Lx has taken a turn for the worst! The problem is... when I am driving the car it either shifts hard or doesn't want to shift, it is an automatic. The car over revs, and then its like it pops out of gear, there is no power to the wheels...

1991 Honda Accord LX S blinks and speedometer doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Accord LX. Recently I had bought a new alternator and last week I had an oil change. Today, my S light blinks and my speedometer stopped working. Will someone please tell me what to do about this problem? No Idea

Alternator keeps burning up and won't charge battery on 1990 accord [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda accord ex 5-speed and my alternator keeps going out when I uuse my lights and I have replaced it 3 times I need to knoe what is causeing it my dash lights start to go dim then its will just run on the battery until it dies what is going on?

View more questions Search