Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhacker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 09:28 AM
    1999 chevy truck
    How to change bulbs in radio and heater control cluster?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jhacker
    how to change bulbs in radio and heater control cluster?
    The radio bulbs are internal and cannot be serviced without opening the radio (NOT recommended) and the HVAC controller may only have a few bulbs you can access.

Set the park brake and move the shifter to the lowest position.
    For vehicles equipped with tilt wheel, move the steering column to the lowest position, if the vehicle is not equipped with a tilt steering column, you may have to lower the column.
    Pry all the way around the edges of the I/P bezel.

Name:  aa--.gif
Views: 296
Size:  9.6 KB

The radio and heater control head are held in with several fasteners. They may be Phillips screws or small hex head screws.
    Disconnect the elecrtical connectors and remove the unit. If the panel lamps are servicable, you should now be able to see them.
    I hope this helped.
    Farmerjohn692000 Posts: 63, Reputation: 8

Nov 27, 2007, 03:07 PM
    You are going to have to pull the trim off the dash, and behind that there will be self tapping bolts or screws that you will have to take out. After you do this you will be able to pull out the things you want to change bulbs on, look on the back of these things and you should see wires going in. look for ones that you have to turn to take out. These will be your bulbs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Chevy Cavalier [ 1 Answers ]

My Chevy has been having "trouble" with the trip & odom meter. It will look like it's written in an alien language, but will turn back to normal. Now, the right turn signal is blinking double-time and does not blink on the rear of the car, but does in the front. And, the auto driving lights are...

1999 Chevy S-10 Load (Bed) Capacity. [ 4 Answers ]

Gross Rear Axle Weight is 2400 lbs but I have no clue what the axle weight is with nothing in it. Presuming less than perfect shocks/struts, do you think I'm safe to put 1200 lbs of sand in the bed to haul less than 5 miles? Thanks!

96 chevy truck [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 96 chevy pichup with a vortec 305 and it staled on me yesterday. Well the pump is Working and it seems tto have pressure I even changed the fuel filter but it still won't start.

View more questions Search