Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wakulla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 09:25 AM
    My truck won't start
    I have a 1997 Chevy Chynne (sp) that will trun over but will not crank.
    I drive it daily to work and have had no trouble with it.
    This morning it would not crank, I tried to jump it off but nothing...
    waynesworld Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Dec 6, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wakulla
    Possible fuel pump failure.
    I have a '94 Yukon; had to drop the tank in Entergy parking lot and replace fuel pump... started right up!
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Dec 7, 2007, 01:04 AM
    Have read a lot on the web mechanic sites that GM has to have the correct fuel pressure, just one PSI below spec, and many times it's a no start. Check all your basics, fuel flow, spark and do a compression test if you can. Use a jump start helper so you don't kill the battery.

Can you explain the type of fuel injection and the type of ignition set up please, I do not keep track of these things on GM but certain systems I am familiar with.

Autozone may have a pressure gauge to rent and get an adjustable spark tester, set it initially to 15KV then go down from there but let me know the coil setup first. You can also try the fuel pump dead head pressure test for troubleshooting but it is not recommended by some, clamp off the return hose, this may kick up fuel pressure to 100 PSI, if it starts, kill it right away and try it again with regular fuel pressure.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 7, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wakulla
    Check the both ends of both Positive and Negative battery cables. They need to be clean and tight. Take special care when inspecting the Pos cable at the battery. There are notorious for the terminal pulling out of the battery and causing problems. Be aware: there nay be acid leaking at that battery connection. If it is, replace the battery and thoroughly clean the cable.
    Once you are certain the battery is good, check for spark. The problem could be as simple as corrosion on the coil wire or spark plug wires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 chevy truck, no start [ 2 Answers ]

1994 chevy pick up, 2wheel drive, 1500 series. 5.7L motor. Have spark, but no injector pulse with noid light. No 12 second fuel pump run. I have checked all the firewall fuseable links. It has new computer, new module. I checked all fuse box fuses. I have power at injector but no ground. I...

1997 chevy truck no start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 chevy truck that one day driving back home it just shut down on me I ended up putting in a fuel pump and it did run for like 20 min and it shut down again and now I don't know what to do I had a friend put a computer to it and its not sending any bad codes it does run if I spray...

What happens if I take off muffler on my truck [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1998 ford explorer SUV. I took off my muffler for better sound will it affect my motor?

My Truck [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 04 truck, it's a beautiful truck! I love it but I don't need it and want to get something more econimical for me but I still owe 16,000 on it and for some odd reason when I take to a dealership all they tell me it is worth about 8,000. So they won't let me trade it in on something cheaper...

My Truck [ 2 Answers ]

I have A 2000 Dodge Ram1500 4x4 Extended cab. I don't really know what happened to it butall of my gauges went haywire on me. I checked all the fuses but they are OK? Any Idea what else it could Be?

View more questions Search