Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katiebug1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Where is the starter on a 96 honda accord located?
    How do I find the starter on a 96 honda accord?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 06:05 PM
    For the 4 cylinder engine, it's located behind and below the distributor, right on top of the transmission--easy access. Be sure to disconnect the negative battery cable before working on the starter motor. The two mounting bolts are likely 14 mm and should be tightened to 32 ft-lbs.

This link should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post219985

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is the starter located on a 1996 honda accord [ 2 Answers ]

Whre should I look for the starter on my 1996 honda accord, my car will not turn over how can check if it is the starter,

1998 Honda Accord LX - starter problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda Accord LX that will not start - the engine will not turn over. This happened one time about 3 weeks ago and I was going to purchase a new starter (which I did about 3 years ago) but saw some information that it might be a main relay issue, but the car started every time I tried...

98 Honda Accord starter issue [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the problem and maybe somebody can tell me if it's the starter itself, a relay, or something I'm missing. When I start my car usually the first couple turns of the key result in just a simple click, the motor doesn't spin the engine doesn't turn over just a click coming from the engine...

1996 Honda Accord Starter [ 3 Answers ]

I think I'm having problems with my starter. A week ago I was driving down the road and my entire dashboard went out and then came back on in a split second. The car still drove fine and I was able to make it to my destination. The next morning when I got up my car would not start. Initially...

View more questions Search