Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daleap2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 01:29 AM
    2000 mercury grand marquis
    My interior light s will not shut off on a 2000 merc. Grand marquis any ideas?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daleap2
    my interior light s will not shut off on a 2000 merc. grand marquis any ideas?
    The fault could be the Multifunction Electronic Control Module, which takes door ajar switch info and uses that to control the lamp function.
    If you're concerned that the lamp staying will discharge the battery, remove the bulbs(s) until you can have the system diagnosed and repaired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 mercury grand marquis troubleshooting [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 93 grand marquis that is in Montana and after a recent cold morning, around 5 degrees, I wasn't able to start my car. I have never had this problem before. Last year it would start in below zero. I took the battery out of my 97 van and put it in the car and could not start the car. ...

2000 mercury grand marquis [ 2 Answers ]

My interior lights will not shut off I can't even find the door switch to check if it is stuck I finally had to remove the bulbs

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the crank sensor lacated on a 92 Grand Marquis with a 4.6 liter engine?

93 Mercury Grand Marquis that Won't Come out of Park and go into gear [ 1 Answers ]

I have 93 Mercury Grand Marquis, it seems to be stuck in Park, it starts and runs just fine, wheel turns and everything, it just won't come out of park and go into gear? :(

View more questions Search