Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickcoleman1964 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 07:14 AM
    2003 Honda - Difficulty changing gear from park to drive
    I have a 2003 Honda Accord. Every other time I turn on my car I have difficulty getting the car out of park. It takes several attempts to get the car into gear (Reverse , Drive, etc.) and sometimes I have to turn the wheel in order for it to work. What do you think is the problem?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 09:32 AM
    See if the link below gives you some insight into the problem:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post258005
    kmc27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 02:13 PM
    I had a 2000 accord and I had the same problem! Come to find out it was a switch that needed replacing. The switch tells the car that the break lamp is on and therefore allowing the car to go out of part and into drive, reverse or whatever... I now have a 2003 accord v6 coupe and the tcs light has been coming on when I'm driving (sometimes) and then yesterday I noticed that when I first started the car the light immediately came on and I couldn't get my car out of park the first couple of tries... so I looked it up on the internet and I read that someone replaced the switch and it fixedt he problem. The person (and me) didn't quite understand what it had to do with the TCS... but it fixed their problem... so I'm going to try and take mine to the mechanic and see if that is the problem!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Honda Accord Stuck in Park [ 4 Answers ]

1998 Honda Accord intermittently won't shift out of park after use. Wheel is not locked, car starts but won't shift out of park. Sometimes releases after turning car off and restarting, other times requires several attempts. May go for days or weeks with no problems and then starts again. Brake,...

2003 Honda Accord-can not get car out of park [ 3 Answers ]

I tried to engage the transmission and can not get the car out of park. The shifter appears to be locked. The steering wheel is not locked and the car can be started. Any suggestions?

Win 2003: Permanent drive letter 4 removable drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have set up a backup system on Windows 2003 Server using 2 hot-swap removable drive drawers with hard drives in them. I have a pair of backup drives for each day of the week, with one drive imaging the OS partition and the other drive imaging the data partition. The system is working beautifully...

93 Mercury Grand Marquis that Won't Come out of Park and go into gear [ 1 Answers ]

I have 93 Mercury Grand Marquis, it seems to be stuck in Park, it starts and runs just fine, wheel turns and everything, it just won't come out of park and go into gear? :(

View more questions Search