Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ncraiders Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2005, 05:24 PM
    What type of furnace to get
    I am going to have to replace my furnace next year and I am wondering what type of furnace to gfet I am also going to have to replace my central air unit to. We have a gas furnace right now but the furnace it not going to last. When I was looking at ca units I saw ones with heat pumps. The weather hear is around 75 to 100+ during the summer, and about 20 to 50 with a few weeks of below 20 degree weather during winter any help on what type of furnace to get would be appreciated. Would central air units with heat pumps work in my area?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2005, 05:43 PM
    Look at the SEER ratings. When I replaced my furnace and A/C 10 years ago, I looked into heat pumps. The contractor I worked with convinced me dedicated A/C units are more efficient than heat pumps at cooling. I installed an 80% efficient dual rate gas furnace. In cold weather where the heat pump might need auxiliary resistance heat, the furnace runs at 80% efficiency. In milder weather, it uses a lessor firing rate for greater efficiency. Gas and electric costs are both going up sharply. Still, likely gas will continue to be the cheapest for home heating.

Also, if you have any other gas appliances, you will continue to pay to maintain gas service.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Oct 3, 2005, 09:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ncraiders
    I am going to have to replace my furnace next year and i am wondering what type of furnace to gfet i am also going to have to replace my central air unit to. We have a gas furnace right now but the furnace it not going to last. When i was looking at ca units i saw ones with heat pumps. The weather hear is around 75 to 100+ during the summer, and about 20 to 50 with a few weeks of below 20 degree weather during winter any help on what type of furnace to get would be appreciated. would central air units with heat pumps work in my area?
    can't get much heat out of frezzzing air( need supplement heater)... plus heating with gas uaasually cheap than electric ( 1kw=3414 BTU... 1cubic (therm) gas =aleast 80000btu) and you already paying for the gas service

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Type H Fuse? [ 10 Answers ]

Me again,was told to buy a 30 amp disconnect for air conditioning unit.purchased an eaton/cutler hammer # 1 dpf221rp.it says it accepts class h fuses.cant seem to find anyone who knows what a class h fuse is.been to ace and home depot,can anyone help?? :confused:

Mp4 file type. [ 4 Answers ]

Guys where I can download a program or a plug-in to play my mp4 file type? Tnx..

View more questions Search