Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deannabell1964 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Harmonic balancer
    How do I get the harmonic balancer off my ford ranger, to replace it?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Use a puller designed to remove a crankshaft damper. Such a puller has bolts that screw into the pulley bolt holes in the center hub of the damper. Do not use a gear puller or any puller that grips the outer circumference of the damper. Such a puller will damage the damper.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Getting the nut loose is yet another problem. An impact wrench or (but be carefull) wedgeing a breaker bar with an impact socket on the nut and lightly engage the starter. Socket wrenches easly break. So do normal sockets. Use only a 6 point socket to avoid rounding the bolt. They are torqued likely at 120 ft lbs and are a PITA to remove.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2007, 12:25 PM
    See if this helps:

. Remove the driveplate access cover and hold the ring gear teeth with a large screwdriver or pry bad, to prevent the crankshaft from turning.
    . Remove the nuts that secure the pulley bracket to the engine front cover. Remove the pulley and bracket from the engine.
    . Remember, the crankshaft pulley screws into the crankshaft damper with a left-hand thread; turn the crankshaft pulley clockwise to loosen and remove it.
    . Remove the crankshaft damper retaining bolt (it has conventional, right-hand threads).
    . Using a suitable puller, remove the crankshaft damper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oscillations - velocity of simple harmonic motion [ 3 Answers ]

Sir / Madam I have adoubt in the folwing section of finding the velocity of a Simple Harmonic Motion (SHM)... I have encircled the place of doubt I have attached a picture file my doubt is how to get a w cos wt from d (a sin...

Equations related to simple harmonic motion [ 7 Answers ]

This is a really urgent question! If x=Acos2 pie ft, then how does f affect x?

View more questions Search