Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reallybadcredit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Rebuilding credit after Bankruptcy
    I filed bankruptucy almost 3 years ago but I just looked at my credit report and it still shows some accounts are still opene that shouldn't be... I now have 3 open credit cards and all in good standing. My credit score is a 512 I REALLY need to improve it... any other suggestions beside credit cards?
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Sep 16, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Pull your credit from all three bureaus. I assume that you did a Chapter 7 BK where the debts were discharged. You need to dispute all of the items which were discharged in Bankruptcy. If you do the dispute on line it may or may not take on the first try. You are getting double dinged for those items on your scores. A more efficient method would be to do the disputes by mail and attach a copy of your list of creditors and a copy of the discharge to each dispute. This will make it easier for the bureaus to do their job. Those items will still show on your reports, but will have the notation: Discharged in BK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy & Credit [ 3 Answers ]

This is my first time on your site and I am fasinated with the questions and answers too. My question is " I am soon going to court for a judgment hearing on a credit cardi in the state of MD. My entire income is Social Security. If this money is in the bank can it be touched and if so how. I...

Bankruptcy off your credit report [ 2 Answers ]

This is a wonderful site. I was reading another persons question regarding removing bankruptcy off your record takes about ten years. I am curious if bankruptcy is taken off your record after ten years are you obligated to report that you have had a bankruptcy after it is taken out your record? I...

Credit reporting after bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

A few years ago in 2003 my now husband filed chapter 7 and had some debt discharged. (This was before I knew him) The problem is that those debts are still being reported on his credit report. Can they do that? If not, what can we do about it? The situation has his credit in a place where it is...

Advice for rebuilding my credit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a foreclosure in November of 2005 and since then I have managed to pay all my bills on time and not open a new lines of credit. My credit score is currently about 650 and I need to bring it up. I don’t have any debt at all and I just paid of my car last month. I have one credit card with...

View more questions Search